Re: Why did you remove competitive couch coop online level rating?

by dstj

Original Post

Why did you remove competitive couch coop online level rating?

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I play the NHL series *exclusively* with a friend in Couch coop mode. I just bought NHL 18 and I was very disappointed to realize that playing online games with a friend (either as a guest or a sign-in profile) only allows casual games. Why did you remove the competitive mode when playing in couch coop? Casual mode sucks much of the fun out of playing NHL online. It a powerful drive to see your levels go up and play against always better and better players.

I strongly suggest you reinstate competitive play with couch coop gaming. Without it, NHL loses most of its appeal to me.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 9 (3,481 Views)

★★ Novice

I do somewhat understand why there is a Casual versus mode where you can play co-op but why are the rankings only based on the number of wins? This gives too much emphasis on just playing a lot and you lose the good feeling that you get when you are rewarded with ranking points after winning a good player (In NHL 17 it always felt good when you saw that you got over 40 points for a win and knew that you won a good player). Especially surprised as you have already had a good ranking system on Online versus for years.

It is also weird that in Recent matches you cannot see who you played and their stats. Now it is only 1/1 or something.  Why?

We played over 800 co-op games online on NHL 17 so we are better than most so it would be nice to play mostly against proper players and to have a chance to rise in rankings based on something other than just playing a lot.

I would mesh all into one competitive online mode where it is possible to seek co-op players like it is now but if you can't find any co-ops you can play a single player (who can quit if when he sees there is a co-op player if he doesn't want to play). 

Or at least just use the same ranking and player seeking system on Casual versus as on Competitive versus. Now it is really diminishing the point of playing co-op games online.

Message 2 of 9 (3,247 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So no comments from EA? You have read the messages but nothing on why there is a separate casual mode or why its ranking system is different? Will something be done or nothing will be done because...?

Message 3 of 9 (3,175 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Megamaahinen so far I have not seen any new information on this, from our side if this gets added to NHL 18 or not. 

/Atic  

Message 4 of 9 (3,165 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This was so bad. I've played NHL18 one or two times. We are still  playing NHL17. Online versus is the game we wanna play, ranking mode, couch co-op vs one (or two/three or four other peoples somewhere on this planet). Not casual, EA!

This was a absolutely no-go in the 18s version. Same thing with cannot chose against who (which team and connection) you'll play.

When its not in the game again (NHL 19), the game will not return to our couches..

Please EA, we are begging you

Message 5 of 9 (2,981 Views)

★★ Novice

This is still a big mystery to me why the ranking systems are different on casual and competitive play. Would it have even taken that much time to fix this as you already have a better system in-place on competitive side? It's starting to get really boring to play poor players over and over again. It feels ridiculous to play 10 games and hope that you would get one proper player to play against as nothing is based on any real merit and losing has been made quite meaningless as there are players in the top-100 who have almost lost more than they have won.

Message 6 of 9 (2,924 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Atic ,

Any plans for a "coop competitive mode" for NHL20? I'd love to see the coming back.

Or, an alternative idea would be the following option in the competitive mode settings :
[  ] Limit to same number of human players

The default would be OFF (i.e. to allow coop teams against single players), that way the best of both world could be possible.

Thanks

dstj.

Message 7 of 9 (2,672 Views)

★★★ Novice

Fired up a new thread about this, to see if we can get a reply. 

Crazy that we see nothing for 4 years now...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-NHL-Games/NHL-Series-Online-Co-op-Play-BRING-BACK-COMPETITIVE-RANKIN...

Message 8 of 9 (1,825 Views)

Community Manager

@Nucksareggz wrote:

Fired up a new thread about this, to see if we can get a reply. 

Crazy that we see nothing for 4 years now...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-NHL-Games/NHL-Series-Online-Co-op-Play-BRING-BACK-COMPETITIVE-RANKIN...

Thank you, @Nucksareggz 

This thread is from 2017, so I'll be closing it. 

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 9 (1,801 Views)