Why did you add woman to battlefield 5

by BenDaHunter

Original Post

Re: Why did you add woman to battlefield 5

Realism is important.

I was playing Battlefield 1 today,

In the campaign, I landed my biplane on top of an airship, then jumped 1000 feet into water without injury.

That's the kind of realism we've come to expect in a Battlefield game.

Oh, hang on... Oops

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 11 of 30 (1,057 Views)

@SofaJockeyUK ...but...but...that was immersive and historically accurate, right?! It was the cold reality of WW I...oh, wait, what were we talking about?!Wondering

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 12 of 30 (1,030 Views)

[ Edited ]

The truth is that DICE decided to show off lots of noisy action plus show a diverse selection of characters and cosmetic items that you can play as and with.

That's fine.

But this is one trailer giving one impression.

It's like showing Luke Skywalker drinking blue milk and expecting that to showcase the movie (ok, that's not a good example)

Either way, there will be more trailers and more gameplay to come.

And as for DICE management, they frankly should have just said: 'It's just the first trailer, you'll see different aspects of the game at EA play', then just STFU.

I can understand devs being upset, but starting to have an argument with the 'Boycott-EA' brigade, well you don't get anywhere with that because those individuals are not listening.

For anyone else who is confused, the only remedy to that confusion is more content and more gameplay which will follow at EA Play in less than 2 weeks.

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

Message 13 of 30 (1,025 Views)

@SofaJockeyUK Constructive criticism is one thing, forming lynching mobs is a different beast, entirely. 

Both sides had some nasty derails (i've seen an article on VG247 that was insulting the readers that disagreed with the women's inclusion in BF, even if those readers expressed their discontent in a polite and constructive manner, while at the same time the other side went to threats, insults, name-calling and such). 

It puzzles me how much bad blood i see on either side, how much venom is thrown, time better used in doing something better. All over a game that they did not see yet. It was mostly a cinematic trailer, with some MP elements thrown in. And that was all. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 14 of 30 (1,013 Views)

@ivrognard wrote:

@SofaJockeyUK Constructive criticism is one thing, forming lynching mobs is a different beast, entirely. ...

I agree. Looking forward to seeing some more information.

Message 15 of 30 (999 Views)

@BenDaHunter

They added women to BFV cause they also fought during WW2. Same as some did during WW1 already.(the reason why they also came into BF1 with the Russian DLC)

If DICE/EA focus on some historical accuracy (which is pretty awesome for like WW1/WW2 games) then they should add women to the Game for sure!

And btw for thos people who complain about women being in the game at all, it doesn't influence your gameplay or movement if you play them.

So, not a big deal. Otherwise if anyone have a problem with that in any way, they don't need to buy the game. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 16 of 30 (987 Views)

★★★ Novice

Battlefield is NOT an historic game or does it try to be that, yes does it has historic moments in the game yes but it's by all means not 100% accurate historically. If you wish for a historic shooter game, go play Arma 3 or some other games that does a good job.

Message 17 of 30 (843 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The subject has been addressed in many posts, free to you to buy the game or not. The question of women is totally displaced because women fought during the war. Everyone is free to choose the skin they like, nothing is imposed.

Players will have the same number of headshot regardless of the skin, so it does not affect the quality of the gameplay and the game.

Message 18 of 30 (838 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't think that there was a problem with that in the Russian battles, because the Russians did force women to fight. I would prefer they do the same situationally in bfv, because adding a woman soldier as a hero in the Japanese front completely goes against the culture WWII Japan had. BFV just needs to go back to uniforms and maybe some very small customization, but that's a different topic.

Message 19 of 30 (716 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Shanking_Jenkins

Just remember this is a game where you can launch jeeps into orbit, troll your friends with lunge mines and stack tanks on each other that you can then drive around the map like a double decker kill tower.....try not to overthink digital skins Standard smile
Message 20 of 30 (696 Views)