Why can't I throw a wedding party?

by 24yovrdl8yfg

Original Post

Why can't I throw a wedding party?

★★★ Novice
My sim just got married 2 days ago, & now Im available to host a weekly party but why can't I hold a wedding party? It says my sim hasn't gotten married this week. Did I miss something?
Message 1 of 13 (3,341 Views)

Re: Why can't I throw a wedding party?

★★★★★ Expert

Do you have the sim who actually got married selected as your active sim when you tried to start the party.  It matters for some strange reason.

Message 2 of 13 (3,330 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yep, I click the sim correctly. I also checked if my husband is still my husband & he still is.
Message 3 of 13 (3,325 Views)

★★★ Novice
These are the screenshots
Message 4 of 13 (3,321 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Yep. Same thing happend to me. I was looking foward to throw a wedding party since it's my favourite but never got an option. Also no option for birthday party and I just retired my 3 sims and promoted new ones few days ago so they all got new traits for a few days in a row. Weird 😁
Message 5 of 13 (3,306 Views)

★★★ Novice
So it's a bug then. Have you report it or not?
Message 6 of 13 (3,299 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
I haven't but you are welcome to 😊
Message 7 of 13 (3,273 Views)

★★ Novice
I am having the same issue. My Sims are now labeled husband and wife but it says I haven't completed the wedding quest. I never got the option of "wedding woohoo" either which I thought was a thing that was supposed to happen post wedding. Not sure if not doing that means it wasn't... uh, official? Lol, I am bummed though. They married yesterday and the honeymoon suite isn't unlocked and neither is the wedding party.

I was initially frustrated that I couldn't change or customize their wedding clothes but this is much worse. This is a "stop playing the game entirely" type of problem. What's the point of completing quests and working towards something when you don't get the rewards?

Hopefully, this is fixed soon.
Message 8 of 13 (3,208 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I never throw a wedding party anymore, I usually throw a concert party as a reception instead but that is just because I can put out more concert party items without removing stuff or triggering the item limit.  Once that is fixed, I'll start throwing other kinds of parties again. 

Message 9 of 13 (3,198 Views)

★★★ Guide

Two of my Sims got married yesterday, but today I couldn’t host a wedding party. Does anyone know why? I made both of them try to host the party, se pictures. The wedding picture is from yesterday.

Message 10 of 13 (2,662 Views)