Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Why can't I throw a wedding party?

by 24yovrdl8yfg

Original Post

Why can't I throw a wedding party?

★★★★ Novice
My sim just got married 2 days ago, & now Im available to host a weekly party but why can't I hold a wedding party? It says my sim hasn't gotten married this week. Did I miss something?
Message 1 of 13 (1,129 Views)

Re: Why can't I throw a wedding party?

★★ Expert

Do you have the sim who actually got married selected as your active sim when you tried to start the party.  It matters for some strange reason.

Message 2 of 13 (1,121 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yep, I click the sim correctly. I also checked if my husband is still my husband & he still is.
Message 3 of 13 (1,116 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Message 4 of 13 (1,110 Views)

★★★ Guide
Yep. Same thing happend to me. I was looking foward to throw a wedding party since it's my favourite but never got an option. Also no option for birthday party and I just retired my 3 sims and promoted new ones few days ago so they all got new traits for a few days in a row. Weird 😁
Message 5 of 13 (1,095 Views)

★★★★ Novice
So it's a bug then. Have you report it or not?
Message 6 of 13 (1,088 Views)

★★★ Guide
I haven't but you are welcome to 😊
Message 7 of 13 (1,062 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I am having the same issue. My Sims are now labeled husband and wife but it says I haven't completed the wedding quest. I never got the option of "wedding woohoo" either which I thought was a thing that was supposed to happen post wedding. Not sure if not doing that means it wasn't... uh, official? Lol, I am bummed though. They married yesterday and the honeymoon suite isn't unlocked and neither is the wedding party.

I was initially frustrated that I couldn't change or customize their wedding clothes but this is much worse. This is a "stop playing the game entirely" type of problem. What's the point of completing quests and working towards something when you don't get the rewards?

Hopefully, this is fixed soon.
Message 8 of 13 (997 Views)

★★ Expert

I never throw a wedding party anymore, I usually throw a concert party as a reception instead but that is just because I can put out more concert party items without removing stuff or triggering the item limit.  Once that is fixed, I'll start throwing other kinds of parties again. 

Message 9 of 13 (987 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Two of my Sims got married yesterday, but today I couldn’t host a wedding party. Does anyone know why? I made both of them try to host the party, se pictures. The wedding picture is from yesterday.

Message 10 of 13 (451 Views)
sims-four-characters

Is someone not playing nice?

This game should be fun and fair! If you see someone breaking the rules, you can report them.

Report a player

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help