Re: Why are you penalised for playing a lot?

by punishertrd

Original Post

Why are you penalised for playing a lot?

★ Guide

I really like this game and being a loser I have played a lot over the last couple weeks I've had the game. My issue is that I haven't had a single battle against someone with lower levels or even the same. I'm in the masters league now and even the supposedly even fights where I lose 20 points means going against levels 2-4 higher than me (my units are 7-8)  

I really do want to keep playing but is there simply no way to have even fights if you play too much? Why is the game designed in a way to greatly favour and give huge advantages to the people who play the minimum in order to level up before going up the leagues? I don't mind losing and rank isn't everything as I do get wins but it can be really frustrating losing to someone you are out playing but they can win fights that are meant to be in your favour. 

Message 1 of 6 (553 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
I hear ya, and unfortunately there is no easy answer. I suppose if your levels are competitive, you could re-run blitz all the time instead of ladder? But that requires some monetary investment. You can join our community discord and play custom matches? Which can be fun. But yea, your only saving grace right now is monthly resets where the game throws you down a couple of leagues to where you can mostly compete again. =/
Message 2 of 6 (538 Views)

★ Guide

I play against my brother a bit but yeah games with other people could be good.

I'd really like a version where it's an ongoing tournament rule league, everyone is the same level and you play games like normal to really see who has the best strategy not just advantaged. EA won't do this though as then there's no incentive to p2w which is a shame. I'd have to relearn the game if it was fair, might even be able to use a rhino lol

Message 3 of 6 (529 Views)

★★★ Guide

Weekly tournament could be doable.  But for the studio to do it it has to have some monetization.

Say it's by region - roughly.  Lumps everyone in it - initially by ladder score.  Then you get 5-10 fights a day - at a fixed time (turnover) - people get an arena prize based on rank.

Monetization can come like other mobile games (SW:GOH, for example) - crystals give you another 5-10 battles you can play.

Maybe better if it was bi-monthly, IDK, SWGOH just kept adding more and more stuff until it became impossible to keep up - I don't want this mobile game to attempt to hijack all my free time.

Message 4 of 6 (498 Views)

Spoiler

I'm in your boat as well. I have a mixture of level 8,9, and 10 units in Masters since I don't pay anymore. I did in the beginning though. I'm always matched with someone that has better equipment and higher levels on that equipment.

I lose a lot. About 50 percent. But you know what? The other 50 percent of my wins are against challenge battles and battles that aren't challenge battles but should be. 

It'll only make you better. If you go back down to a lower league, it's too easy.

Message 5 of 6 (478 Views)

★★★★ Guide
ya but you cant drop leagues tho wish you could but you cant till the reset
Message 6 of 6 (428 Views)