Re: Why I can't create my own clubs in fifa 18?

by bohdia

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why I can't create my own clubs in fifa 18?

★★★ Newbie

I was happy to buy fifa 18 couple of weeks ago, but disapointment was huge.

I understand that many people like to play online with pro clubs or this weird ultimate team thing, but I simply want to make my own club to play single player mod, and I want to be able to add my club for example to the Italian league. Seems easy, but it's impossible in fifa 18.

Why is Fifa 98 more advanced on that area than Fifa 18?

Other thing what is not good is tournament mod. If you make tournaments, you expect to see bigger a and better video intro before the game (like in real life).

Message 1 of 9 (19,063 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@kuuskinen800 Teams are based around the real world league clubs so, for example, you won't be able to have Celtic playing in one of the Italian leagues. 

I will pass your feedback on to the team.

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (19,444 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@kuuskinen800 Teams are based around the real world league clubs so, for example, you won't be able to have Celtic playing in one of the Italian leagues. 

I will pass your feedback on to the team.

Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (19,445 Views)

★★ Guide

Last time I saw this was FIFA 13. FIFA 14 didn't have creation centre from my memory.Have no idea about 15,16,17 as I didn't play it but from checking out reviews at the time I remember a lot of people un impressed because you couldn't create your own club in say Career Mode.

This was a feature that old school gamers loved. Being able to create your own club and players. Remember doing it in Madden in the 90's.

For example in FFA 13 you could make a Club from some small poxy town in England, sub it into what is now EFL League 2 with young talented nobodies and build your careers through four divisions and into Europe for the ultimate rags to riches story.

I also remember seeing a youtuber organising the 4 English divisions with the best clubs from all the different leagues and then using his poor A League club from Div 4 in a Career.

For me this is what football sims are meant to be about, creating your own fantasy scenarios with your imagination. FUT obviously is more interactive with fed content in regards to creating fantasy, but without user interaction in the content creation, it along with the gameplay has turned FIFA from a true sim into an arcade game.

Message 3 of 9 (18,984 Views)

★★ Novice

This is not true, as you are easily able to switch teams from league to league in career mode. I for example build what i call a World League. Using the English division 1-2-3-4. I mash the best teams from every country, and start with a * club at the bottom. You can have japanese teams play in the french league 1 if you want. So your " resolution " is just a bunch of B.S. If there is no create a team in madden 19 on PC then i will not be getting it as it was my favorite thing to do, aka create a team, and fill it with created players. Why has it been removed ?

Message 4 of 9 (18,738 Views)

★★ Novice
Exactly, i have played FIFA games since 96 on SNES. From fifa 99- i can't exactly remember what year, every year i would create my own team, create my own players, and fill a spot in some league. Some year (04-05 ? ) They removed that feature and i went on to play PES for years. Came and got 12,13,14 then stopped after 15 Got 18 with hopes of it being much better but meh ....
Message 5 of 9 (18,729 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Please EA bring this back in FIFA 20!

#changecareermode

Message 6 of 9 (13,563 Views)

★★ Guide
How do you do it in FIFA 18 Career Mode? I'd be very interested. I remember trying in the first months that it was released and couldn't figure it out.
Message 7 of 9 (13,115 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Fifa 18 was an all around good game, but yeah every other sports game on the market has had this feature (team creation) since the mid 90's.  Not sure what the hold up is.  I had read that there was a concern over people not buying newer fifa games because if they could swap out relegated teams with created ones etc .... people may be less inclined to buy newer versions.  However that concept is ridiculous because as it stands now until they clean up career mode in general (It was a disaster in fifa 20) I wont be buying another Fifa.  I am happy with Fifa 18 and am 13 seasons in.  I have Fifa 19 and haven't really played it, and everyone I talked to has told me Fifa 20 was a disaster.  Its telling when Fifa 18 sells for more used than a used copy of 2020 at game stop.

Message 8 of 9 (7,120 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Darko Oh? I don't think this is a good reason, when we purchase Fifa game, not everyone wants to play league matches all the time, there are time when we just want to play friendly matches, vs two players etc...people want to feel free in making their local teams to face the greatest clubs in the world, there is nothing wrong with that. I still love the freedom we used to have in playing Fifa99, the game was so straight forward and interesting, we could create clubs, etc...and another thing also, EA needs to stop making "World cup game" into Fifa, like they did on Fifa18, making Worldcup 2018 as a downloadable game inside Fifa18, and only contains 32 teams qualified...EA forgets that many people who buy Fifa or Worldcup Game are from countries that don' t even participate to World cup, it used to be interesting to see many countries in Worldcup game and then 32 team for Worldcup competition, i don't think it was a good choice to cancel all other teams, i believe EA really take our comment and suggestion seriously, i have been playing Fifa game since Fifa93 on Sega genesis, so i can see the evolution of this game, i have been tempted to shift to PES because Konami is improving his game seriously, but EA still has the same mistake over and over. For exemple, look at Fifa players when they run and suddenly they want to shoot the ball, the transition of running and shifting the appropriate leg for the player is just weird, they are a bit slippery, it's like they freeze for a millisecond and they shoot, there is not smooth combinasion, i played PES and i tested the same action, it was amazing, PES got it right, i think EA techinal team and designers need to play PES and see what tp improve, because i can see that Konami does watch and play Fifa game a lot in order to make it better. Hope this suggestion can help EA improve this beautiful game, i love Fifa game very much but sometime it looks like EA keeps on repeating the same mistake over and over, everytime there is a new Fifa, before i buy, i know that the slippery action when player run and try to take a shoot will always be there. And EA does not see it. I am sure they can fix it.
Message 9 of 9 (4,055 Views)