Why Do The Graphics Look Like A Kid's Game?

by Nuvraught

Original Post

Why Do The Graphics Look Like A Kid's Game?

★★★★★ Novice

It was stated C&C is for a new generation. That either implies the next generation of gamers aka kids or that they think C&C is outdated and this is the next generation of RTS.

Anyway, I noticed that the game looks very cartoony and childish. the textures are bright and friendly and low detailed. There's no blood, screaming, serious realistic looking textures, etc. It's all bright simple and friendly.I'm wondering why you went this direction if it were not for kids?

Message 1 of 2 (371 Views)

Re: Why Do The Graphics Look Like A Kid's Game?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I don't see a issue here, graphics will and have never been the reason why any game was praised/successful. The graphics/art do a great job at presenting the game. I don't see how just because it's bright and colorful and that there is no blood or screaming that it's "childish graphics", adding blood and screaming wouldn't add anything worthwhile to this game, By your logic, 80% of games would be considered "childish graphics", it's a different art style that is popular because it provides a great presentation for the game.

Now, if I were to play a game like resident evil 7, I would fully expect the full gritty package because it's a heavy part of the atmosphere that purposely adds to the game while playing it. I could care less if blood was in rivals but adding it for the sake of adding it is always a bad choice, though if you require blood/screaming to be in a game for it to not be a "Kids game", that's more your problem.

Message 2 of 2 (351 Views)