Re: Who do we see in parties?

by KatlaStorm

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Who do we see in parties?

★★★ Guide

I’m wondering which one of my Sims other players see when I attend a party.

Normally I let all of my four Sims visit the parties I attend. And I have sometimes notised that other players also have sent 2-3 of their Sims. A couple of times I have also seen 4 guests from the same player. But I have no idea what controls who is being shown. Does anyone know?

I guess there must be some kind of limit to how many Sims can be in the same house at the same time, and I have notised that my grown up children are kicked out of the house when guests are arriving at my party (they probably go to the club to have fun). So if I attend a party with many guests, I guess only one of my Sims will show (which one tho, the last one I sent?). And maybe Sims I «use» myself will not show, or? 

Message 1 of 8 (923 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

@KatlaStorm 

When you think about it, there are lots of things happening at the same time and a Sim should be visible everywhere. You could have a Sim working at the restaurant and at the same time this same Sim could be in a relationship event with another player's Sim. On top of that you can send your Sim to a party where he/she should be visible for other players and party actions should be possible. Another thing, anyone could be able to see (visit) your house and watch your Sims living their life. 

Sims not showing up for actions, or Sims not visible at parties are unfortunately party related bugs that you can find in the List of known bugs.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (850 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Those are very good questions, @KatlaStorm :eahigh_file:

According to my experience, the first Sims to arrive tend to stay visible for the host. I usually send all my four Sims to each party, use a party cake so each Sim can do five party actions.

We can't see all Sims at the same time. It would probably make the app to lag and eventually crash. Just imagine one of those busy parties that reach level 10 in minutes. Lots of activity, players chatting and lots of Sims. I believe there is a rotation and a limit in the number of Sims that can be visible for the host and for guests.

What do you mean with Sims you use?

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 2 of 8 (893 Views)

★★★ Guide

Thanks, @SalixCat , what you say makes sense, especially for the very busy parties. But since I have seen more Sims from the same player in some, less busy parties, I was wondering if there was some kind of «rules» regulating which of your Sims would be visible. I ask of course, because I want as many gems as possible 😉 From now on, I will send my «coolest cat» first just in case this is the Sim most visible 😁

«The Sim I use»: when I leave the party, I go home (or to work) and help my Sim complete some action. Actively making them do things. I thought maby my Sim then would be locked , so that other players could not interact with them.

Actually, I have no idea how the programmers made this (and similar) game work - with all the interactions and stuff. I’m actually super impressed it all works so smoothly. But for example, sometimes you ask 3 Sims to join you in playing darts at a party, but only two of them show up. Seconds later you see the missing Sim walking about in the party. Why this Sim don’t want to play darts with you, I have no idea. Maybe it’s my perfume?

Message 3 of 8 (878 Views)

Hero

@KatlaStorm 

When you think about it, there are lots of things happening at the same time and a Sim should be visible everywhere. You could have a Sim working at the restaurant and at the same time this same Sim could be in a relationship event with another player's Sim. On top of that you can send your Sim to a party where he/she should be visible for other players and party actions should be possible. Another thing, anyone could be able to see (visit) your house and watch your Sims living their life. 

Sims not showing up for actions, or Sims not visible at parties are unfortunately party related bugs that you can find in the List of known bugs.

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 4 of 8 (851 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I attended a party yesterday. There were at least 15 guests, but I could only see two. The host’s four Sims were visible. Plus two single Sims from two separate players. 

This issue is noted as fixed, but I feel it is not. Is it possible to reopen it, @SalixCat ? Or maybe I should make a bug report?

Message 5 of 8 (680 Views)

Hero

@KatlaStorm wrote:

I attended a party yesterday. There were at least 15 guests, but I could only see two. The host’s four Sims were visible. Plus two single Sims from two separate players. 

This issue is noted as fixed, but I feel it is not. Is it possible to reopen it, @SalixCat ? Or maybe I should make a bug report?

This thread is in the Game information section. The one you might be interested to see is this bug report [Open] No sims in parties after Fashionista update

It would be great if you can post your comment there Standard smile

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 6 of 8 (676 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SalixCatThanks. Done!

Message 7 of 8 (667 Views)

★★★ Novice

Still no confirmation on who we see.