Who Needs Stickers

by rmw8855

Original Post

Re: Who Needs Stickers

★★★ Guide

@pinkpurpleboots your sims are looking so good!

These are my new sims and they will be welcoming everyone to their party happening in 8.5hrs (Tuesday, 21st August 2018, 3pm GMT)

Photo Aug 21, 12 14 09 PM.jpg

Message 541 of 710 (388 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@dancerlma454 They look great. 

Your Adam till looks young in my game. I almost gave him a sticker but l saw your post here where you retired him. I added Adam to my bug report.. Now I have your Adam and my Adam both looking young and not retired. I gave wiz's sim a sticker that was retired because he shows as active not retired in my game . 

Warning to all retirement is not syncing to other player's games. If you retire a sim, that sim may show as active and young in other player's games. Be careful who you give stickers to .You maybe giving stickers to retired sims that don't look retired in your game. Just a suggestion until EA fixes this problem. Give your sims gray hair before you retire them so they will kind of look retired in another player's game 

Message 542 of 710 (373 Views)

★ Expert

@pinkpurpleboots didn't your sim always have purple hair? He shows up in my game with blond

Message 543 of 710 (359 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Starlight0007, thank you! I hope your party will show up for me so that I can meet your new sims. 😊💗💜

@Fuzzernutter Hehehe. Sometimes I do change my sims’ hair colour. 

I met @BlueWizardRob’s sim, Robert, this evening. He looked young. I am a bit confused. He’s retired or moved out to someone’s home?

Message 544 of 710 (339 Views)

★ Expert

@pinkpurpleboots I was not sure  because yesterday he had purple hair LOL Robert Knight is retired. Don't give him stickers. I did this morning not knowing he was retired. Every since EA put the delay of waiting like 5 days to retire after you give your sim their last trait, the retirement system is all messed up. I suggested people change their sims to having gray hair when they retire their sims so that other players will know their sims are retired. This last big update made a real mess of retirement, retirement events for getting heirloom tickets not working, sims not looking retired etc 

Message 545 of 710 (332 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Fuzzernutter wrote:

@dancerlma454 They look great. 

Your Adam till looks young in my game. I almost gave him a sticker but l saw your post here where you retired him. I added Adam to my bug report.. Now I have your Adam and my Adam both looking young and not retired. I gave wiz's sim a sticker that was retired because he shows as active not retired in my game . 

Warning to all retirement is not syncing to other player's games. If you retire a sim, that sim may show as active and young in other player's games. Be careful who you give stickers to .You maybe giving stickers to retired sims that don't look retired in your game. Just a suggestion until EA fixes this problem. Give your sims gray hair before you retire them so they will kind of look retired in another player's game 

The only way I've found to not accidentally give stickers to retired sims is too click "view home" but that's kind of tedious to do for EVERY Sim I give a sticker to

Message 546 of 710 (320 Views)

★ Expert

@dancerlma454 That is a pain and I have almost 50 friends . Lucky some of you in this forum are on my list so we can tell people in the forum who is retired. For now until EA fixes this issue I am going to give my sims gray hair before I retire them and my just make their last name Retired .  When I gave Haz one of my sims I gave that sim Gray hair so I could tell the difference from my original retired sim and the duplicate sim I passed over to Haz. I would have done the same for your Adam if I had known retirement was going to be such a pain from the newest update. 

Message 547 of 710 (314 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@pinkpurpleboots wrote:

@Starlight0007, thank you! I hope your party will show up for me so that I can meet your new sims. 😊💗💜

@Fuzzernutter Hehehe. Sometimes I do change my sims’ hair colour. 

I met @BlueWizardRob’s sim, Robert, this evening. He looked young. I am a bit confused. He’s retired or moved out to someone’s home?

Robert is retired.

Retired sims that you have a relationship story with will not show up as elderly (grey hair) for you until you retire the sim that has the relationship.  This is actually a good thing that EA changed because so many people were unable to finish stories when the sim they were interacting with was retired by the owner.  Now, you essentially have a relationship with a carbon copy of the original sim which lasts as long as the sim with the relationship is also active.

Message 548 of 710 (348 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Finealta wrote:

Haz is genius, always!

I’m going to do the same thing too from now on with the 🚫 thing

Plus (if i can be bothered lol)

cool - 😎🕶

nerdy - 🤓👩‍🏫👨🏻‍🏫

scary - 🧟‍♀️ 🦇🕷🧛‍♂️👻😱☠️💀

hot - 🔥

cute - 🐰🐹🐭🐱🐶🦊🐣

silly - 🐒🙊🙉🙈🐵🤡🤪

sexy - 💋😍

hipster ☮️🧔🏻

retro - ☎️ 🕹 🎰🎙📻📺🎞📠🎥

@rmw8855 would you mark this post of @Finealta as a solution.  That would make it easy for me to find right below your original post.  It takes forever to search for emojis but I might take the time to try and would love to be able to find this as a reference when I do.

Message 549 of 710 (342 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@BlueWizardRob You could still have relationships with other player's retired gray haired hunch back sims to complete relationship stories . You retired sims will stay in other player's games allot longer than they stay in your own game . It was your own retired sims you could not complete relationships with and you still can't. Your own retired sims retire in 5 days

I believe it is actually a bug where sims of other player's don't look retired. It's actually causing game problems no having sims look retired @JulesDarling retired her sim today and yes that sim looks retired and gray. One of your sims is retired and gray in my game one one is not. 

Message 550 of 710 (340 Views)