Which units to shut down double harvester players?

by Mister_Crac

Original Post

Re: Which units to shut down double harvester players?

★★★★ Guide

Give me 75k coins to lvl up my harv to lvl12 I will definitely play double harvs 

Message 11 of 26 (462 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

Scarabs are only good if your opponent opens up with nothing to counter them early like rifleman or machinegunners and even then after he opens up another building like air right afterwards, you can usually take the first missile unless all you do is spam Scarabs with no harvester.

The poster asked what to do if the opponent opens with double Harvester. It’s not possible to have a counter unit if your first two units are Harvesters. Lol

Message 12 of 26 (450 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Trolloween wrote:

I'd send missile squads followed by a vehicle. Obviously killing a harvester is good but my goal is to keep the missile charging constantly then harass the harvester to force them to spend tiberium defending. Sending different units to counter forces them to open new buildings and they will probably focus so much on defending harvesters you can defend the missile with minimal units. They might still roll out a tech unit but hopefully by then it's too late and they can't get on all three.

Double harvester is only good if you can defend them well whilst still saving enough tiberium for tech. That isn't easy if you're playing an annoying player, being annoying is the best compliment in this game  

Annoying and distracting. The two best traits to have in this game. 

Message 13 of 26 (450 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@AlphonseDisciple  schrieb:

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

Scarabs are only good if your opponent opens up with nothing to counter them early like rifleman or machinegunners and even then after he opens up another building like air right afterwards, you can usually take the first missile unless all you do is spam Scarabs with no harvester.

The poster asked what to do if the opponent opens with double Harvester. It’s not possible to have a counter unit if your first two units are Harvesters. Lol

That's not 100% correct and a question of how you define a "counter". You can counter in different ways. The most obvious way is in a battle and taking pads or spots, but you can also do a strategically or tactical counter and there's where you CAN counter double Harvester.

All you need is a Top-speed unit like Cyberwheel, wardogs,... Build them before you send the 1st Harvester and block their field. This way he can't collect Tiberium and if you use Mots you can destroy them and hurt him twice as hard as just by destroying the harvester. The thing about the Mot strategy is thatyou are forced to kill a harvester otherwise you've already lost and anyone who's smart enough for this game doesn't do a harvester, harvester, building, unit strategy, cause this is an instant double harvester kill for any scouting Player. 

Message 14 of 26 (435 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Trolloween wrote:

Double harvester is only good if you can defend them well whilst still saving enough tiberium for tech. That isn't easy if you're playing an annoying player, being annoying is the best compliment in this game  

Yeah, I really wonder why they made it so that being an annoying fúcker is hugely beneficial when you want to win the game. Seems like a really strange design choice to me.

Message 15 of 26 (434 Views)

★ Guide

Well annoying just means you're doing what they don't want you to do, so not something you can avoid in any competitive game. If you didn't have that then every match would be a battle of who has the highest level tech units

Message 16 of 26 (417 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Trolloween wrote:

Well annoying just means you're doing what they don't want you to do, so not something you can avoid in any competitive game. If you didn't have that then every match would be a battle of who has the highest level tech units

Not true.

You could play the game for how it is actually designed to be played: Play for missile control. Fire two missiles at the enemy's base, done, endy story. The game itself though teaches you to always attack the enemy's harvester, which in some scenarios is sensible, but in others it is not.

Also, there is an extremly simple way to have always a fair matchup without level shenanigans: Give the two opponents the exact same units to fight with. Done.

Message 17 of 26 (402 Views)

★ Guide

Well we disagree then because I think the game design is to destroy the enemy base by any means you can come up with. So to take the missile pads you need resources, reducing your enemies resources is a strong strategy.if you can pull it off. 

Even if you changed the game to be the way you want you'd still just be annoyed by any tactic that beat you, hence being annoying is another way of saying a good/better player.

Even levels would be good but then EA wouldn't be making money, I'd rather it just be a game you buy and everyone is even but then maybe people would also get bored if they didn't get addicted to leveling units up, like the WoW lunatics. 

Message 18 of 26 (393 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It will be frustrating you lvl up a unit and find it’s useless 

Message 19 of 26 (388 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@MarcT22186 wrote:

@AlphonseDisciple  schrieb:

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

That's not 100% correct and a question of how you define a "counter". You can counter in different ways. The most obvious way is in a battle and taking pads or spots, but you can also do a strategically or tactical counter and there's where you CAN counter double Harvester.

All you need is a Top-speed unit like Cyberwheel, wardogs,... Build them before you send the 1st Harvester and block their field. This way he can't collect Tiberium and if you use Mots you can destroy them and hurt him twice as hard as just by destroying the harvester. The thing about the Mot strategy is thatyou are forced to kill a harvester otherwise you've already lost and anyone who's smart enough for this game doesn't do a harvester, harvester, building, unit strategy, cause this is an instant double harvester kill for any scouting Player. 

What did I say that wasn’t correct?

Message 20 of 26 (380 Views)