Re: Which units to shut down double harvester players?

by xrmiao4

Original Post

Which units to shut down double harvester players?

★★★★ Pro

When your opponent plays a double harvester deck but you play a single harvester deck, it is imperative to shut down their economy early on. Because if you don't, they will stomp you into the ground with their expenisve units once they can bring them out.

So, what units do you use in the early game to achieve that goal? I feel like I might not have the right setup right now for this, especially as GDI. Usually I open up with War Factory and then scout with War Dogs. However, War Dogs are pretty abysmal when fighting against anything - their damage output is just so low. So I'm wondering if maybe I should switch to Rhinos instead. Sure, they are more expensive, but they can actually deal with the Laser/Missile Troopers that often defend the harvesters early on.

Your thoughts?

Message 1 of 26 (810 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

For me, misslesquads and tanks are enough to actually damage the harvester. Orca and Mohawk are also great. Maybe grenadiers, idk.

Then you also need to defend your harv-killers against attackers. What I do: Against anti-infantry infantry rhino, against anti-vehicle infantry snipers. Against anti-infantry vehicles pitbull or tank, against anti-infantry vehicles misslesquads or tank. Against aircraft misslesquads or pitbull, maybe hammerhead if absolutely needed. Talons might work fine too. 

Don't stop aggression and try to avoid unfavored matchups. Tileblock if possible, both the harvester and enemy attacking units. But PLEASE do not waste tons of resources to kill the harvs... if it simply doesn't work go double harv yourself.

I always bring 1 techlab unit. I deploy it once my money keeps building up from the harvester kills, or if I simply can't destroy the harvesters because the enemy defence is too good (then just go double harv yourself).

I open with a misslequad to both scout and harass enemy harv. If I spot 2 I try to destroy one, AND (IMPORTANT!) capture the missle ASAP. Less time to mine= less money for the enemy. 

My god, I hate tech players...

Message 2 of 26 (799 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

*especially as gdi* - Which units? Mohawk and JJTs. Oh just got nerfed, straight to the point, harvester damage. It’s like the dev is saying if you play GDI you’d better go tech.

If their starter units and harv are high lvls, little you can do.

Message 3 of 26 (779 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Scarabs. 😂😂😂
Message 4 of 26 (722 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Battalia is going to hate me. Lol
Message 5 of 26 (721 Views)

Scarabs are only good if your opponent opens up with nothing to counter them early like rifleman or machinegunners and even then after he opens up another building like air right afterwards, you can usually take the first missile unless all you do is spam Scarabs with no harvester.

Message 6 of 26 (703 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

DC30A824-8B8E-4621-B025-97EDD9C902AD.jpeg

Can’t even win the first missile. Don’t know why everyone has 11-12max training units. That’s at least 40k coins each unit it’s just not supposed to be an everyone thing.

Message 7 of 26 (694 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Very simple  because they can. Master 1 average is somewhere around lvl 10-11 on EU Server.

Master 2 and 1 is actually the main pool of Players and it's getting even more every day. The problem is so much Player

are coming from lower while x2 is active there and makes it much easier to go up than in Master.

The whole system isn't made for bigger Leagues. Here's a major change required and imo EA should exchange these League System with a modified Ladder system like the ESL one. It basically works like a Standard Ladder, with league changings up AND down at the end of a season (like EAS to EPS) and a higher avg. Score. If they continue with this type of league, the whole system will collapse cause of frustrated Players.

Message 8 of 26 (671 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@MarcT22186  schrieb:

Very simple  because they can. Master 1 average is somewhere around lvl 10-11 on EU Server.

Master 2 and 1 is actually the main pool of Players and it's getting even more every day. The problem is so much Player

are coming from lower while x2 is active there and makes it much easier to go up than in Master.

The whole system isn't made for bigger Leagues. Here's a major change required and imo EA should exchange these League System with a modified Ladder system like the ESL one. It basically works like a Standard Ladder, with league changings up AND down at the end of a season (like EAS to EPS) and a higher avg. Score. If they continue with this type of league, the whole system will collapse cause of frustrated Players.

@Mister_Crac Orcas are the unit of your choice to rush Harvester to fly bys and a Harvester is done. 

Message 9 of 26 (666 Views)

★ Guide

I'd send missile squads followed by a vehicle. Obviously killing a harvester is good but my goal is to keep the missile charging constantly then harass the harvester to force them to spend tiberium defending. Sending different units to counter forces them to open new buildings and they will probably focus so much on defending harvesters you can defend the missile with minimal units. They might still roll out a tech unit but hopefully by then it's too late and they can't get on all three.

Double harvester is only good if you can defend them well whilst still saving enough tiberium for tech. That isn't easy if you're playing an annoying player, being annoying is the best compliment in this game  

Message 10 of 26 (652 Views)