When will we get Cats vs. Dinos and a Boss Hunt again in the Mystery Portal?

by KartingSackboy06

Original Post

Accepted Solution

When will we get Cats vs. Dinos and a Boss Hunt again in the Mystery Portal?

★★★★ Novice

So I understand that the mystery portal is supposed to open on the first Tuesday of every month with a different event. Is there any chance that there is a way to contact the developers to ask to have Cats vs. Dinos and Boss Hunt in the mystery portal again?

Just as a point of reference, the last time the Mystery Portal had Cats vs. Dinos was October 2019, and the last time the Mystery Portal had a Boss Hunt was November 2019. That's almost a whole year ago. These modes are crucial to some of the trophies on PlayStation and achievements on Xbox, so is there any way to ask to have these game modes return soon for one last chance for everyone who is trying to earn all of the trophies/achievements in the game?

Message 1 of 10 (1,379 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: When will we get Cats vs. Dinos and a Boss Hunt again in the Mystery Portal?

[ Edited ]

Given the attitude of the devs so far since the release of BfN, I sincerely do not expect these events to ever return.  Frankly I think we'll be lucky to see the servers kept up with in a timely manner.  Regarding the achievements, this was one of the first things I addressed to the devs on the BfN forum.  That thread is now six pages long and they never responded to this point.  I suspect  the thinking is that these DLC trophies are not required to achieve platinum, so tough luck. 

After this week's announcement regarding the discontinuation of support for BfN, I believe that this series has been pretty much been given up on.  Sorry to sound so negative but that's my take on it.

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (1,287 Views)

All Replies

Re: When will we get Cats vs. Dinos and a Boss Hunt again in the Mystery Portal?

Champion

I really want to see Cats vs Dinos and especially Boss Hunts at least once more as well. 

Alternatively, tweak the achievements.

You may be able to contact EA if you wish.

Message 2 of 10 (1,343 Views)

★ Guide

I just realized after reading your post that I still need to complete a boss hunt on crazy difficulty to get my last trophy! Shocked  

Message 3 of 10 (1,333 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've tried contacting them to ask when the next events would be, but the most recent response I've gotten was to post here on the forum... How would you suggest I contact them?

Message 4 of 10 (1,328 Views)

Champion

@ShadowPea127 So do I!

@KartingSackboy06  For now, try reporting this in the Technical Issues section of the forum.

Message 5 of 10 (1,300 Views)

[ Edited ]

Given the attitude of the devs so far since the release of BfN, I sincerely do not expect these events to ever return.  Frankly I think we'll be lucky to see the servers kept up with in a timely manner.  Regarding the achievements, this was one of the first things I addressed to the devs on the BfN forum.  That thread is now six pages long and they never responded to this point.  I suspect  the thinking is that these DLC trophies are not required to achieve platinum, so tough luck. 

After this week's announcement regarding the discontinuation of support for BfN, I believe that this series has been pretty much been given up on.  Sorry to sound so negative but that's my take on it.

Message 6 of 10 (1,288 Views)

★★★★ Novice

As much as I hate to admit it, I think you might be right... I'm waiting to see if the mystery portal will open this month like it was supposed to, but if it doesn't I think that might mean there's no hope left for these DLC trophies. 😭

Message 7 of 10 (1,280 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@KartingSackboy06 Sadly I'm not very hopeful that those events will come back but EA David replied on another post that this month's event has a delayed start date of 8th September, if you want to check.
Message 8 of 10 (1,271 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay, maybe there's still some hope left then. Thanks for the information!

Message 9 of 10 (1,255 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I have all these done but as I posted on that thread in BfN about the portal, not everyone does and I'd like to see this available for folks to get the hats and achievements done. I'm not sure how well community challenges would do these days but I'd like to see those too, maybe with reduced requirements so we could get them all done.

Message 10 of 10 (1,178 Views)