Re: Whats wrong with the game

by RedAshphoenix

Original Post

Whats wrong with the game

★★★ Newbie

Battles are slow due to sluggish waits tp build new units. You are only able to use a select few units each battle unlike the original. If these issues were resolved it would be an awesome game.

Message 1 of 6 (470 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
There is a unit cap at the bottom left of your screen. As a unit is lost, it frees up the slot to be rebuilt. This prevents people from snowballing or swarming with cheap units. Keep the game at a decent pace. Also gotta pick your deck to maximize your chances at victory. Do you specialize? Or do you generalize? What makes your deck special? None of these are flaws to me. Watch some of the top players play through the in-game C&C tv and you will get an idea how the game gradually builds into a massive slugfest by the end.
Message 2 of 6 (461 Views)

★ Apprentice

@BattaIia wrote:
There is a unit cap at the bottom left of your screen. As a unit is lost, it frees up the slot to be rebuilt. This prevents people from snowballing or swarming with cheap units. Keep the game at a decent pace. Also gotta pick your deck to maximize your chances at victory. Do you specialize? Or do you generalize? What makes your deck special? None of these are flaws to me. Watch some of the top players play through the in-game C&C tv and you will get an idea how the game gradually builds into a massive slugfest by the end.

Know what? I didn't know about the pop cap till when it was too late. I never understood what those icons at the bottom meant till i watched a few starter youtube videos. 

I can't decide if EA needs to make these information more obvious or if the onus should fall on us to look them up. :/

Message 3 of 6 (441 Views)

★ Apprentice

@MLeverett93 wrote:

Battles are slow due to sluggish waits tp build new units. You are only able to use a select few units each battle unlike the original. If these issues were resolved it would be an awesome game.

They're really less of an issue but more of how this game works. If you come in without the pre-conceived impression of how a CnC game is supposed to be, you'll enjoy it a lot more. 

I think it's a good in between that they have done. They can't possibly do a full CnC copy onto a mobile platform. It just won't work. I sure as heck don't want to be scrolling around the map on my phone. Honestly, it's one of the rare few games that work fine on a tablet and a phone. 

Message 4 of 6 (440 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
The pop cap used to be in the old tutorial, but when they revamped it with titans and mammoth tanks, they forgot to add a blurb in about unit pop =(
Message 5 of 6 (413 Views)

★ Apprentice

@BattaIia wrote:
The pop cap used to be in the old tutorial, but when they revamped it with titans and mammoth tanks, they forgot to add a blurb in about unit pop =(

I was telling the gf how i was enjoying the game despite not knowing what that icon at the bottom left is supposed to mean. lol

Message 6 of 6 (382 Views)