Re: What's the purpose of this forum?

by RogueZeroRendar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

What's the purpose of this forum?

★★★★★ Expert

I have just realised this forum existed, I wasn't aware of it. If we have the main forum: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/categories/the-next-star-wars-battlefront/ for all topics covered here, and both are only accessible to EA accounts which have purchased Star Wars Battlefront II, why the 2 foruns exist? The only difference between them that I know of is that here we must use our EA account official name, and there we may use nicknames instead. What else is different between them?

Message 1 of 7 (1,202 Views)

Accepted Solution

I've asked the same question myself as well some years ago. I don't know the official answer but I always saw that other forum as the ''General discussion' place, while EA answers is more of the troubleshooting/bug and questions about the game page.

I would have preferred to have 1 forum with different sections instead of 2 places like we have now. Though it seems that the community teams at EA move toward 1 forum: the Apex Legend forum is 100% on EA Answers and doesn't have a separate one.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,188 Views)

All Replies

I've asked the same question myself as well some years ago. I don't know the official answer but I always saw that other forum as the ''General discussion' place, while EA answers is more of the troubleshooting/bug and questions about the game page.

I would have preferred to have 1 forum with different sections instead of 2 places like we have now. Though it seems that the community teams at EA move toward 1 forum: the Apex Legend forum is 100% on EA Answers and doesn't have a separate one.

Message 2 of 7 (1,189 Views)

★★★ Guide

That forum is a bit oversaturated with too many trolls

Message 3 of 7 (1,184 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @RogueZeroRendar 

@DYSPROssium was pretty much correct with their answer Standard smile Answers HQ is mostly focused on players helping other players with their EA games-related questions, but you will also see the EA staff here... obviously Tongue out

When it comes to this particular board, you can say that it serves the same purpose as General Discussion on the Battlefront forum. We're gathering your feedback and observe the discussions in the same way here.

I understand that it's not the perfect situation and might be confusing at times, but we really appreciate your activity... on all of our official forums Wink

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 7 (1,164 Views)

Champion

On the opposite side, I rarely see that forum but still fun and informative I think. Wink

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/categories/the-next-star-wars-battlefront/ 

I prefer this forum.

Because I can see official information and EA stuffs.

@EA_Ataashi , @EA_Atic 

I like you both. Embarrassed

Message 5 of 7 (1,154 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Sati_Sati 

We know and we like you too Wink

thankyou

/Ataashi

Message 6 of 7 (1,147 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Thanks for all the answers. And yes, I meant board not forum, my bad. I like to be active in the bug reporting board, not so much on the technical issues one. And I keep an eye on the general forum. But I feel this one may be too much for me. Good to see familiar faces though. And it seems EA staff is more accessible around here then in the general forum, that's great.

Thanks again for the clarification

Message 7 of 7 (1,088 Views)