by XPlayerJ

Original Post

Re: What needs buffing and nerfing?

★★★★ Guide

Not for raider nor range 2 but for base damage 

Message 11 of 36 (864 Views)

★ Guide

I'm so bored of the orca now, literally every game I play against gdi is just the same thing. Well it's either orca or orca bomber, both just so boring now

Message 12 of 36 (846 Views)

I’m bored of attack bikes. Every NOD game has them. Oh. And those pesky banshees too. Maybe a nerf is in order... 

Message 13 of 36 (837 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Trolloween I have been seeing a lot of both lately... but Banshee destroys them both. Funny thing is that I don’t see a lot of Orca/Hammerhead tandems. It’s always Orca and Rocket Troops.
Message 14 of 36 (831 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Marine_CorporaI Remember when I said that was the number 1 deck being played. Smh. Wheels, Bikes, Chem Buggy, Stank, fill in the last 2.
Message 15 of 36 (830 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Pitbull, slight HP nerf so it dies to an attack bike that's has defender's advantage. Such a confrontation should knock out both units.

Disruptor. damage nerf and speed nerf so it can't easily knock over infantry and your base.

Juggerhaut and Artillery, each salvo should be given a chance to miss, hitting the tile to the left, right, upper right, lower right, upper left or lower left.

Wolverine, more HP and DPS so it can handle 2 orca salvos and go toe to toe with a widow-maker.

Message 16 of 36 (824 Views)

[ Edited ]

@AlphonseDiscipleIt’s a good, inexpensive aggro deck. If I ever played NOD (never have and probably won’t) that is the type of deck I would use. At least a variant of it.

You can take that deck all the way to tiberium. Check out this guy. He uses nothing but the cheap stuff, doesn’t pay ever, and is a contender in tiberium. Top 100. 

https://youtu.be/EzzVH6rC_I0

Message 17 of 36 (809 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

@AlphonseDiscipleIt’s a good, inexpensive aggro deck. If I ever played NOD (never have and probably won’t) that is the type of deck I would use. At least a variant of it.

You can take that deck all the way to tiberium. Check out this guy. He uses nothing but the cheap stuff, doesn’t pay ever, and is a contender in tiberium. Top 100. 

https://youtu.be/EzzVH6rC_I0

I use 4 of those units... the stealth tank is replaced with the tick tank and the attack bike with buggy. I have trouble with some air units, and might consider using the attack bike instead of the buggy.

Message 18 of 36 (793 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@Trolloween wrote:

If everyone can just list what they think needs to change right now to balance the game that would be helpful. If there's enough replies we can see if people are saying the same units and hopefully it will change.

Please don't write paragraphs of game examples and why you're saying what you're saying just a list and what you'd change. 

Mine are:

Artillery - make it more expensive, fire slower

Orca - slower movement speed or reload slower

Orca bomber - let it be one shot by phantoms 

Sandstorm - less hp, less base damage 

Liang drone - last a shorter time when on a pad (much shorter) 

Hammerhead - increase movement speed and/or increase dps

Also think slingshot should do more damage but I've never used it myself because it can't stop an orca. 

Hopefully if some changes are made there will be more variety in games. I am really bored now of drone and orca spam from gdi and artillery being rolled out by nod so quickly you can't possibly kill them effectively.

I think the following units are fine the way they are.

• Sandstorm
  • Orca
  • Slingshot

I think the following units need to change.

• Artillery 
  • Juggernaut 
  • Orca Bomber
  • Liang Drone
  • HammerHead
  • Disruptor
  • Basilisk

Artillery & Juggernaut deal to much damage.

If you don’t have JJT’s, Mohawk, or Orca.

You auto lose because your units die before they ever get close to them.

Orca Bomber has to much health.

It takes forever to die even if you are hitting it with HammerHead or Phantom

I agree with what you said about Liang Drone on a Pad.

I agree with what you said about HammerHead.

Disruptor Base Damage is still to much.

Basilisk does to much damage vs. Infantry.

It isn’t suppose to deal so much to Infantry.

Message 19 of 36 (763 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

People still whine about Disruptors? My God. They already got 3 nerfs. I guess you want to make them useless like the Flame Tank? It has no uses after the 3-4 nerfs it got.

RIP Flame Tank and Disruptor.

Anyways:

I kind of agree on the Artillery, because they have such a long range and they one-hit most ground units. Maybe accuracy nerf, and unable to shoot close (Juggernaut already has this).

I don't think changing the price on OP units work, because when you do finally get them out they will be just as OP anyways. So increasing the price on specific units won't balance them I think. Like say if Artillery would cost 100, it's just 10 tib more which you will harvest easily, then it's just as broken as before when it comes out.

Something needs to be done to Tick-tank, not sure what, but it's never used. Costs more then MBT, is slower and vulnerable when moving. Mobility on a tank is usually what makes it good.

Some suggestions:

Tick tank costing 70 like the other MBT. Yes it's better when still, but it's UP while moving, think it balances out pretty well. If a MBT is guarding the Tick-tank will always lose. And Nod has no healing drones to keep them alive like GDI has for their defense units like MG Squad.

Or make Tick tank faster movement speed, so they can actually get to the pads faster and dig in. Then the price of 80 is okay.

Or nerf the defense buff from 75% armor to 50 % armor, but increase the HP while moving. So it doesn't die too fast while moving and is not OP while dug in.

Hammerhead is like a flying fortress, a fat fortress, has quite a lot of HP, but too slow. Once again why Phantom kick * is that they are super fast and mostly one-hit kill all air units, good for hit and run tactics. Hammerhead? It can't chase anything and doesn't even have a good DPS. It only wins if it's defending and enemy aircraft ATTACK it. Which is very weird, who builds a Hammerhead to guard an area? You usually build it to chase down the enemy aircraft and it fails at it's job. I think speed is the key word here, increase it's speed and DPS, and maybe even lower the HP, make it able to actually chase enemy aircraft.

Oh, and Flame Tank needs some love.

Liang drone, cost 10 more, or cooldown longer. It's easily spammable and the point it's flying and can contest rocket pads makes it too mobile and cheap. I've seen countless of games won by a cheap Liang drone to contest a third pad for a steal. No other Hero powers can do this. Or make it spawn in, or come from the base, it just materializes from thin air and wins the game.

Message 20 of 36 (752 Views)