Re: What needs buffing and nerfing?

by Trolloween

Original Post

What needs buffing and nerfing?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

If everyone can just list what they think needs to change right now to balance the game that would be helpful. If there's enough replies we can see if people are saying the same units and hopefully it will change.

Please don't write paragraphs of game examples and why you're saying what you're saying just a list and what you'd change. 

Mine are:

Artillery - make it more expensive, fire slower

Orca - slower movement speed or reload slower

Orca bomber - let it be one shot by phantoms 

Sandstorm - less hp, less base damage 

Liang drone - last a shorter time when on a pad (much shorter) 

Hammerhead - increase movement speed and/or increase dps

Also think slingshot should do more damage but I've never used it myself because it can't stop an orca. 

Hopefully if some changes are made there will be more variety in games. I am really bored now of drone and orca spam from gdi and artillery being rolled out by nod so quickly you can't possibly kill them effectively.

Message 1 of 36 (1,080 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Slingshot - should be raider

Scorpion - a little more health so that a buffed scorpion can survive from an Orca

Message 2 of 36 (1,042 Views)

★ Guide

@xrmiao4 wrote:

Scorpion - a little more health so that a buffed scorpion can survive from an Orca

I agree with slingshot, maybe the same for shatterer too because currently it's awful. 

Something needs to change with drones too, maybe make them 4 unit squads but let them deal more damage? Not really sure what to do that doesn't make them useless. 

Message 3 of 36 (1,031 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@xrmiao4 wrote:

There is no unit which has both raider and can attack over two tiles. Probably because this combination would be overpowered.

Message 4 of 36 (1,014 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Trolloween wrote:

Something needs to change with drones too, maybe make them 4 unit squads but let them deal more damage? Not really sure what to do that doesn't make them useless. 

Which drones do you mean, the GDI Drone Swarm or the Nod Laser Drones? I am pretty sure that both consist of 4 members each.

Message 5 of 36 (1,013 Views)

★ Guide

Gdi drone swarms are 5 units. Takes so long to kill they have become the main way to hold and steal pads in many games. It seems glitchy when using bikes against them too, just never consistent in how many shots it takes but I haven't really tested this.

Laser drones could use a small buff maybe since they aren't used by many. But the issue with all these balance changes is they always assume equal levels so when you face any unit several levels above its immediately op. A single laser drone can kill a bike when levels are far enough apart. 

Message 6 of 36 (1,008 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Mister_Crac wrote:

@xrmiao4 wrote:

There is no unit which has both raider and can attack over two tiles. Probably because this combination would be overpowered.

The disruptor.

Message 7 of 36 (996 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@xrmiao4 wrote:

The disruptor.

Well the Disruptor is mis-designed anyway. It deals quite some high damage against vehicles, when actually it is meant to be fighting against infantry.

Message 8 of 36 (985 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Trolloween wrote:

Gdi drone swarms are 5 units. Takes so long to kill they have become the main way to hold and steal pads in many games.

Well they have been nerfed a bit with June's balance update. They have less health now.

Message 9 of 36 (984 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@xrmiao4 wrote:

@Mister_Crac wrote:

@xrmiao4 wrote:

The disruptor.

And the Disruptor is in fact overpowered lol

Message 10 of 36 (972 Views)