Re: What happens to my garden when my sim is on vacation?

by Kimo0wW

Original Post

What happens to my garden when my sim is on vacation?

★ Guide

I have a huge garden on my sims lot and I would hate for the plants to die while I send my sim away on vacation for a few days. 

How does this word? Are my plants going to go bad when I send my sim on vacation for a whole sim week? Or are they going to be fine?

I can't seem to find anything recent about this topic. And since alot has changed regarding the plants since the seasons pack, I'm a bit worried. 

Please let me know~ Thank you Standard smile

Message 1 of 5 (3,750 Views)

Champion

@Kimo0wW, while I have not had my Sims go on vacation since the overhaul of the garden system, I have gone on vacation before (both to Granite Falls, and to the Selvadoran Jungle).  Prior to the changes in gardening, your garden was just on hiatus, with everything being as you left it. Cool   I would assume it would be the same now, with one possible change being that if you have Seasons and if you start your vacation in one season and end it in another, when you come back it is likely that the plants in your garden that were producing might be dormant and some that were dormant might be producing when you get back! Wink   I will test this this week to see for sure! Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 5 (3,726 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Thanks so much. Standard smile I really hope it's still like that Standard smile

I'm going to find out now. I'm going to save before I send her on vacation just to be sure Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (3,709 Views)

Champion

@Kimo0wW, no problem! Standard smile  I actually just tested this on one of my households with a huge garden.  All plants were perfectly fine while on vacation. And like I guessed, when vacationing during a season change, the plants that had different active/dormant status during the vacation were the only plants that that were different upon returning home … the vacation didn't affect them, but the change in season didWink

Yes, it is always best to save your game right before a big change like a vacation, birth, marriage, party, etc. And with a garden I would always harvest it in case of seasonal changes -- that way you don't have to wait a whole Sim-year for some plants to be harvestable again! Angel

Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 5 (3,681 Views)

★ Guide

I just now tested it also. I sent my sim away for 3 days and when I got back the plants were fine~ As if I never left :D

Thank you for replying and helping @PugLove888 :D

Message 5 of 5 (3,667 Views)