What are some Solo Ops strategies for CRRRRRAAAZY difficulty?

by GrandDadThe7th

Original Post

What are some Solo Ops strategies for CRRRRRAAAZY difficulty?

★★ Novice

I really want to rack up more coins quickly, and I also really like the Ops modes, especially Graveyard Ops. Are there any sets of 4 characters (including me and the AI) that will do well in solo Graveyard / Garden Ops on CRRRRRAAAZY difficulty? I would prefer Graveyard Ops suggestions, and that's really only because I think the Gargantuar Prime / Mech Gargantuar Super Wave is REALLY difficult, with all those robot Soldiers and mighty Mech Gargantuars. That combo makes a Super Robot Wave VERY difficult for me. I also don't have every character just yet, but I'll be sure to try some of these.

Message 1 of 9 (9,857 Views)

Re: What are some Solo Ops strategies for CRRRRRAAAZY difficulty?

Hero (Retired)
To tackle Craaazy difficulty you'll need a team of Players who know what they are doing, know how to use their characters and who preferably have them buffed with some upgrades. That seems like common sense but bear in mind a lot of children play the game so you never know who you'll be thrown in with and what they can do if you don't form your own Group before hand.

You'll definitely want at least one Scientist who knows how to play him, I'd recommend the Chemist or the Computer Scientist. Out of all the Scientists I personally prefer those two because the Chemist has the widest damage spread (and the shortest range) and the Computer Scientist has his Crunch Time Legendary ability.

For the rest of the team it can vary but I'd personally have Toxic Brainz for his ability to Toxicate and his Toxic Overload Legendary ability which is pretty easy to charge. Combine him with a Scientist in back linked with a Heal Beam and any Boss Battle thrown at you gets easier.

For All Stars I prefer the Motocross Star with his ability to deny Plants their Soecial Abilities by mucking them up, but the Goalie is a good second with his freezing ability.

For Foot Soldiers I prefer General Supremo with his Infinite Ammo; if you have good burst control you don't lose any time with reloading.
Message 2 of 9 (9,849 Views)

Hero (Retired)
I forgot to add; I probably wouldn't tackle Craaazy difficulty relying on 3 AI partners because they can sort of handle themselves they simply can't match 3 other Players who know what they are doing.
Message 3 of 9 (9,849 Views)

[ Edited ]

Play on coliseum and plant the garden/ graveyard that are on top of the stairs so that you have cover and zombies only come from 2 areas and some zombie spawns are in the open, I would recommend using vampire flower as the ai (because the ai has 100% accuracy) or citrons because having lots of lives really helps. If zombies play as super brainz or imps but do not put ai as imp. 

Message 4 of 9 (9,841 Views)

★ Guide

I did this ridiculously easily. I was shocked how easy it was. First things first, do not go online and rely on randoms. Most people have little to no idea how to play this game. They will just be a liability. Either get three competent friends, or use AI allies. Here's how I did it:

Aqua Centre.
Choose the garden on the right from spawn (the hard-top, enclosed area, not the grassy area with the fountain).
Be a sunflower (preferably a metal petal). It helps if this variant is maxed out with full abilities.
AI companions - Citron, Corn, Toxic pea.
Resist the temptation to get up high. You need to be on the ground, mobile, and able to react quickly.
Plant all of the pots, and between each wave replace/heal any that need it. Right at the back, plant a scaredy-shroom. A healing flower close to the garden is advisable, but just the one. Most of your pots need to be offensive. Think about the placement of your pots (e.g. do not put a scaredy-shroom right next to the garden, in harm's way, or a bonk choy far away from the action).
Heal. Heal. Heal. Keep your allies alive. You will need them. Let them do the majority of the shooting.
If an ally does go down, do not put yourself at risk. If the healer dies, then so will the rest. Stay alive and on your feet.

If you find yourself in the position of there being just you and one other ally, simply stay close to that ally and constantly heal them. Use them as cover. Let them take the hits instead of you.

And that's it. I coasted through it. Good luck all. Standard smile

Message 5 of 9 (9,723 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Good call on the vamp flowers! I've had the Crazy quest twice now, and both times I've done it first try as Torchwood with 3 vamp flower minions! Thanks dude! I wouldn't have thought it was possible with ai teammates.
Message 6 of 9 (8,758 Views)

★★ Novice

Crazy mode isn't that hard that's what I play solo I just take 3 healers with me and put heals in the pots 

Message 7 of 9 (7,259 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@FatalGrief Is there any high or hidden spot where I can attack enemies but they can't attack me back? I tried to go high in several locations but the game pushed me back to the ground. I want to complete ops without investing in pots.
Message 8 of 9 (5,639 Views)

@SamRz1000 wrote:
@FatalGrief Is there any high or hidden spot where I can attack enemies but they can't attack me back? I tried to go high in several locations but the game pushed me back to the ground. I want to complete ops without investing in pots.

You're not going to finish crazy ops without using pots or bots.

Message 9 of 9 (5,610 Views)