Re: What a let-down

by orochi_snk

Original Post

What a let-down

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Updates out boys and girls...so what AMAZING Things did we got this time? Lets see:

New vanity costumes for Torchwood and Hover Goat - NOT NEEDED

New capture the Taco game mode - Ok...

Added Backyard Battleground for PvP - NOT NEEDED

New Crazy Settings for the Community Portal - NOT NEEDED

Rux Basaar sound issue - WHATEVER! NOT NEEDED

Hugeass Gardens and Graveyards Map - NEEDED

New Pack with new Itemsets and abilities - NEEDED

New Characters for EVERY Class in the Game - NEEDED

I'm dissapointed by everything of this. Not only what this so called "New Game Update" brought to the game no all of that Fake-Hype is what bothers me from Twitter to youtube with massive clickbait spoilers and teasers of so called "new variants". If that is TRULY everything we get, then I call this the biggest gaming let-down since the pre-release of No Mans Sky. Also it basically confirms that theres no GW3 in the making, nor is it even planned?!

Message 1 of 13 (1,521 Views)

Champion (Retired)

we still do not know what contains the whole update. It is best to wait for the full update notes before speaking.

In addition, any additional content is more than welcome.
The game is almost in its third year and still comes out additional FREE content. To say that this update is a despcion is very aggressive.

Message 2 of 13 (1,502 Views)

★ Expert

First thing I did was jump into a game to show off my new custom skins...Team Vanquish...empty...Mixed Mode...empty...hmmm...everyone must be playing Fortnite Season 7.

If they do GW3 they should do cross platform so we can have some people to play with.

Message 3 of 13 (1,489 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Biggest disappointment for me so far is actually... the change to Rux. They said they address the noise issue. And now all they did was to disable the radio.

My immediate response:

"Oh great. That is exactly the same outcome i produced MYSELF WHEN I SHOT THE DAMN RADIO TO SILENCE IT"...

All while Rux went "herp da derp, derp, derp herp, derpdaderp, herp" besides me anyways.

Now to wait for more. Because so far all i got was customizations. 

Message 4 of 13 (1,455 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Not exactly sure what you were expecting. All they did was tease a new mode (which they delivered) and new outfits for the goat and torchwood (which they also delivered). They never made mention of any new variations, only the community and random youtubers did.

It sounds like you just overhyped yourself based on the speculation/rumors which is pretty common (just look at how many people were disappointed with the fake smash bros leaks and were upset about it)

I won't deny that new characters should have been added since it has been well over a year since this game got a update that wasn't just a patch but i wasn't expecting too much since the devs delivered what they teased and nothing more. They probably didn't add any characters because they are tired of rebalancing characters since people like to scream "This character is OP. Nerf/buff these characters please" even though in some cases it is true with some characters being more powerful than others.

Haven't downloaded the update but i'm curious to what this backyard battleground PVP update is.

Message 5 of 13 (1,439 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Popcap delivers what they tease to deliver, the rest is people guess or wish, then hype them up by themselves Standard smile

So when you blow up your own bubble, you will get disappointed by yourself.

Let go with your NEEDED list:

1. Hugeass Gardens and Graveyards Map - NEEDED 

The community requested to bring back PVZ1 map and we voted for it. This will take a while to bring it back to reality. Probably next year if the US doesn't go to an economic crisis in 2019. But don't get your bubble up since Popcap never promise/commit on this one.

2. New Pack with new Itemsets and abilities - NEEDED

Germanshu demonstrates some of the hidden abilities, but some of them are copyrighted so it won't get out unless the license part clears out. Few new abilities are always welcome. 

3. New Characters for EVERY Class in the Game - NEEDED

We already have too many characters and it's hard to balance them out. I prefer to save this for GW3.

Message 6 of 13 (1,387 Views)

★★ Guide
@asukojo You made a fair point about the discussion, but PopCap needs to understand that new contents keep the game growing nowadays. Right now it's likely in decline for no new maps, I've been at 54 55 rank since Frontline Fighters update launched and I still want more characters to master with and more maps to explore.
They made a great game full of potentials you can mess around with, but they left most of the features obsolete such as Soccer and Solo Ops character swap.
Message 7 of 13 (1,365 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm a little ticked off that now you don't even have to do the Trials to get the Hovergoat and Torchwood. You can buy them in a festive pack.

Message 8 of 13 (1,297 Views)

★★★★ Novice
You,read my mind!Huge dissapointed for me,it will be better to get one Santa Claus Het for Christmas then this,Waiting for nothing,and manny are still Naive and beleive EA,its nothing new for me,even for my 5 y old son!!!
Message 9 of 13 (1,267 Views)

★★★ Guide
I am fine with the content as I suspect the code/dev team size is small so large updates like this (12gb on ps4) are fine by me as long as they work out the kinks. In regards to the cf mode, some projectiles do not work well with certain heights (long bomb becomes rather hard to use effectively on hedges' corners as hedges' boxes are rather large). Citron/brainz has the strongest advantage in this mode as they can ball charge/kick most of the map with the speed boost given from the taco. There definitely needs to be a boost in coins as 2,500 per match after doing 13 or more vanquishes plus revives and assists is rather disheartening. There was only one instance a glitch of sorts occurred where weeds spawned in, but subsequent matches did not have them.
Message 10 of 13 (1,247 Views)