We cant play with friends - Bad squad system

by petazetas69

Original Post

Re: We cant play with friends - Bad squad system

★★★ Apprentice

please add in a squad system like battlefield. will you be doing that?

Message 21 of 49 (1,211 Views)

★★ Novice

That's such a shame, all they have to do is to put the Star Wars Skin to the battlefield gameplay...I don't even ask to improve the point that battlefield needs to improve, overall it's working fine.

Just put the great SW universe you managed to create on the gameplay/squad system/teamplay/destruction/level design of battlefield. 

That was the same criticism for Battlefront 1...

Oh and did we spoke about the awful nonsenses loot crates + progression system?

millions of haters across the web Wink

Message 22 of 49 (1,192 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

If we sum up the key features of the new Galactic Assault mode:

• Classes
  • Team based objective mode
  • Vehicles
  • Heroes

So where is the proper squad system? All those features listed above are simply meaningless if there's no interaction between players. 

If I'm on a map with 19 other players in my team, I want to truly play with them, not run like a dumb person on the battlefield. 

(now please look at Battlefield, Rainbow Six Siege, Ghost Recon Wildlands, GTA Online, etc. Those are games that were a massive hit mainly because they were either promoting or allowing players interactions).

I'll conclude by saying that I'm confident that if this feature isn't implemented quickly, the game is likely to lose a substantial amount of its playerbase in the first months of its lifetime. Do not take this subject likely. (Do not let the lootbox controversy prevent you from seeing missing feature in your game.)

Message 23 of 49 (1,190 Views)

★ Guide

I'd agree that some sort of team communication would be nice. 

As far as not being able to play with friends... well I watch the streamers do it all the time.

Even if the don't spawn together they are working on the same objectives and eventually meet up.

I actually like the squad system in place. I prefer it much over the system the last game had where you constantly got spawn killed or you'd randomly have enemies spawn on top of you.

Message 24 of 49 (1,179 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA please fix these problem, I want to play with my friends. You are not promoting the game between friends.

Message 25 of 49 (1,169 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Completely agree with this. 

The current squad system is completely useless and this "we have an artistic direction" attitude currently portrayed in interviews is completely sweeping this issue into the too hard basket.

The devs NEED to rework this god awful system or risk losing a very large chunk of their player base.

This is in my opinion the biggest issue within the game currently and bothers me way more than the "lootcrate" issue. 

Follow JJ Abhrams example in the Force Awakens and GIVE THE FANS WHAT THEY WANT  - NOT WHAT YOU AS A COMPANY WANT. Do that and the results may surprise you!!

Message 26 of 49 (1,131 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Then how do we get our money back? All of my friends hate not being able to play together. On Xbox. 

Message 27 of 49 (1,008 Views)

★ Pro

Under the current system, unlike the last game, four of those EU hackers can't spawn together and make the game completely unplayable for the opposing team.

The upside absolutely negates the bad side.

Message 28 of 49 (1,117 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Hacking is a different topic that also needs to be addressed. But with or without the squad system, hackers can still ruin a game.
Now when we look at the majority of the games (i.e. without hackers) it is clear enough that we need a proper squad system.
Message 29 of 49 (1,099 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I think it's all been said before, but I'll join in. This is a multiplayer game that essentially you can't play with friends. Basically you can be in a chat party, and one friend shows up green on the radar, but outside of that there's nothing you can do. This game hasn't hit it's official release date yet, and already people are getting burnt out not playing with friends.

I hate to be "that guy" but when Battlefront 2 was in the planning stages, who's idea was it to completely overlook the fact that people want to play together in teams? Even BF1 had a partner system. This really needs to be one of the first fixes. Preferable before the Christmas holiday when the next round of big game purchases are made.
Message 30 of 49 (1,049 Views)