We cant play with friends - Bad squad system

by petazetas69

Original Post

Re: We cant play with friends - Bad squad system

Community Manager

@petazetas69 Unfortunately these aren't questions I can answer. Such changes would likely be announced by the studio in a statement or by a developer on their own channels, but for me my hands are tied, sorry. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 11 of 49 (1,728 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_David

But i suppose you will contact the dev team with this, right? If not, which is the purpose of this forum?

And then, you could tell us something about this when you have the answer.

If not, how can we know if those problems arrive to the dev. team? Which is the way so they can know about those problems and solve it ASAP?

Thank you!

Message 12 of 49 (1,723 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hello David, 

Thank you for looking into this subject. @petazetas69 mentioned this thread to me in the battlefront 2 forums and I figured id pass on my opinion as well to help beef up the support for constructive changes to the system.

So I've played the Beta. Now I'm playing the trial. The squad system NEEDS changes. I was shocked to see that nothing was done other than add a meter to indicate when you go up from 1x to 2x in terms of battle points to be received and then it shows the icons of the type of classes within your squad. Thats all I know and thats all I understand. DICE please elaborate on how the system works. It doesnt make sense and is very confusing.

I do not like spawning with random people every time. I played with four friends the other night and I would end up spawning with one of them because they happened to die when I did. Not everyone works as a team to increase the reward in battlepoints or work together in general, so what’s the point?

Its 10 second timer takes too long and squads don’t fill up always in order to spawn in faster. I miss the partner system from Battlefront 1, but I would like the Battlefield 1 system to be implemented in terms of spawning on squad mates, or at least remain the the same squad when with friends. I do not mind the current system if I was playing alone, but with friends I want to play with them and work with them in order to benefit from the bonus squad battlepoints and teamwork itself.

Are you even able to work with a friend that is not in your squad to get bonus battlepoints? What does the multiplier on the screen even mean, how does it work? They need to explain the system better and clearer. There were times I walked into a fight after dying and immediately get killed which turns into another long wait to get back into the fight. Then you have to run a good chunk of the map to get back in because it spawns you at the starting point, which can be a very far frustrating run… This needs to change or have better explanation.

Please let us stick with and play with our friends in the same squad.

The game has been fantastic so far and thanks again, David, for taking the time to look into this post. I'd be happy to offer more constructive criticism on this subject in order for developers to make the changes that players will love! 

Message 13 of 49 (1,700 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Totally agree. Although it's not really about the spawning. Whatever they can keep the random wave spawning, I just want to form a set squad with my friends and stick with them and do objectives with them.

Having a squad that changes every time you spawn is crazy and is an utterly ridiculous system that promotes no team play despite the addition of Point boosters for staying alive.

You need set squads that last all match.
Message 14 of 49 (1,690 Views)

★ Apprentice
I'm going to agree with you that there needs to be a better system in place for parties. Just letting players spawn on people in their party (when they aren't in combat, of course) would essentially solve the problem. The only restriction I can think of that might make sense is not allowing you to spawn on teammates if you become a hero, reinforcement, or vehicle. I can imagine the rage coming from a ton of players if this becomes constant: "We forced the enemy to fall back, follow them! Wait, I just heard over comms that Vader ju-QRGHXNGDBKG!!!!!" That'd probably be too much.

As for those not in parties that would just be using the current system, unless I'm mistaken you don't have to be in close proximity to your squad to get bonuses, right? If so, I'd make it so that you have to stay near the people you spawn with to reap those extra rewards. It would at least provide SOME encouragement to those not in parties to stick together and work as a team. It might not work a lot of the time because people will just do what they want, but it might help.
Message 15 of 49 (1,681 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Of the many issues I have with this game, this is far and away the worst. I played for an hour yesterday with the EA Access trial and my friend and I both quit after about an hour and went right back to BF1. Playing BF2 with friends doesn't even feel like you are playing the same game. Feels like you are on the phone with them while playing separate games. I am going to attempt to cancel my order or get a refund. I have never done that before and was told you can do it 1 time per account for Xbox. 

Message 16 of 49 (1,674 Views)

★★★ Guide

@EA_David wrote:

@petazetas69 Unfortunately these aren't questions I can answer. Such changes would likely be announced by the studio in a statement or by a developer on their own channels, but for me my hands are tied, sorry. 

@EA_David is it possible to post links to these channels so we may follow them?

And thank you for your responses on this issue. 

Message 17 of 49 (1,665 Views)

★ Apprentice
How can they fix this, at this point? Maybe, that you can just spawn on the squad leader or spawn star card for the officer to play together with their friends? Or even bring back the partner system und combined it with the actual random system, but give us the possibility to spawn on at least on friend. Battlefield squad system is not possible more. But we need something to play with our friends!
Message 18 of 49 (1,613 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@kwhiskey13 wrote:

@EA_David wrote:

@EA_David is it possible to post links to these channels so we may follow them?

And thank you for your responses on this issue. 

Hi @EA_David ,

I have the same question of kwhiskey13. Could you please provide us those links to channels to follow this?
Hope you can fix this ASAP.

Thank you.
Message 19 of 49 (1,539 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is one of the points that caused me to cancel my preorder.The Spawnsystem in Battlefront 1 was not as good as in Battlefield but it was much better than this one. with this system Teamplay with friends is absolutely impossible. I am a great SW fan but now I am waiting some weeks make a new decision about buying the game.

Message 20 of 49 (1,524 Views)