Re: Was going to pre-order BF5 then this...

by ivrognard

Original Post

Was going to pre-order BF5 then this...

★★★ Newbie

I've been playing BF since beginning of 03 with 1942, and quit with how bad the pay to win was in BF1. I heard about BF5 a while back but just ignored it because I swore I would never give EA another dime after how bad I was ripped off on BF1. Saw that you finally ended pay to win, come back to play BF1 again just to realize because I got back just a tad to late now everyone has pay to win guns because you just give them out for a week or two? Yup definitely made pay to win even better, glad I don't get payed until tomorrow so I haven't pre-ordered it yet. 

Message 1 of 2 (502 Views)

Re: Was going to pre-order BF5 then this...

@twitch1205 not sure how to read what you are saying there.

Yes, the DLC's were available in a giveaway for all the people that owned the standard edition of the game, as part of the promotion of BF V. The DLC guns need to be unlocked by doing certain tasks in the game, so people managed to unlock some and some did not. The weapons are not overpowered and many of the base game weapons are still a better choice. My favorite weapons are from the base game and the best weapon is the one that works for you. 

And if the promotion for BF V will be the same as the one for BF1, you may still see those DLC's being put again in a rotation (though i wouldn't hold my breath). I will point that the Premium Pass was offered for a low price in a number of sales, before the DLC's were given for free to promote BF V.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 2 (475 Views)