Re: Warum

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Warum

★★★ Newbie

Why is the spitfire so op that it can shoot down any plane in 2-3 seconds? it can also finish off soldiers really easy. what idiot would program something that unbalanced into a game?

Message 1 of 4 (220 Views)

Community Manager

There aren't any discussions on this so far in our Answers HQ boards but I found one in the official Battlefield forums below you might want to check out.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1483846#Comment_1483846

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 4 (206 Views)

[ Edited ]

Spitfire is one of those most dominant "retro" fighters of all time for good reason - In a game sense, the ability to upgrade to 4 rapid fire guns, and the fact not many people outside of aerial leagues know how to shake people off their tails, it makes sense they do so well.

I've never been shot by a plane before but I would assume it would hurt a simple skeleton covered in meat and cloth on the ground -- you gotta give props to a pilot who can not only see someone on the ground, but land shots without hitting any obstacles doing it.

Never EVER do large arcs when yiu think a pilot is on your six - it leaves your weakpoints as exposed as they could possibly be. I've learned from the pro Pheonix League to go into the sun and stall the engine; if that doesn't work you can always try to land your plane instead of straight up crashing the plane in a rage quit - I've had great success shaking other low-mid tier pilots doing this

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 3 of 4 (204 Views)

Community Manager

@TTZ_Dipsy 

Going into the sun is a great tip. When I played the BF1 war story "Friends in High Places" I had a tough time taking out the AI planes when they were doing corkscrews towards the ground. So if you're at high altitude, immediately "pump the brakes" and  dive bomb towards the ground in a corkscrew pattern. The opposing player will have a tough time adjusting where you're heading. It may not shake them off your tail but it buys you some time for a friendly ally to come back you up.

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 4 (201 Views)