Re: Wants verses reality

by XGCSith

Original Post

Wants verses reality

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Its sad really that these days to many cant see past their own nose.

What I mean is that recently I have seen more and more blunt , demanding , rude and annoying post in regards to Paybacks current state. Now before a bunch of you go and get angry read further.

I am in agreement with some of the issues that need to be fixed. Free-roam multi player , tire width and other for example BUT I am not living in a me bubble ether.  I want to see some of this fixed just as much as you do but I also know that making a game that makes every last person on this earth 100 % satisfied is not going to happen. To many have latched onto something they don't like and come on here posting demands and saying boycott and other stuff and regards to just their dislikes. No not every one is doing it and yes some stuff really does need to be fixed but some stuff is just a bit much. So instead of stamping your feet and demanding try stepping back and considering the larger picture vs what you want. Ghost game doesn't run the show here EA does. EA pays the bills and has the final say. As well doing any of these fixes cost time and money and cant happen over night. Its not like Ghost game has magical code that instantly works and everything is just perfect. Im not a programmer or developer so Im not going to sit and and yell that this is BS because i don't know whats involved in the process.

No matter who you are we all know things are not always easy and nothing " just perfectly happens ". Consider both sides of the coin here before going off in a post. Ghost games is small and a group of people can only do what they can in relation to their size and man power.  2 people can build a house yes but it aint gonna happen in day ether. Plus not everything under the sun can be added or changed just like that. Look at the complete game and decide on what we can live with and with out. I seen a post where the list was 30 plus ideas long. Make a 30 points list is one thing , finding the manpower , time and money to make it happen is a whole different reality. Ok so yeah we really need some stuff fixed here but lets firmly make our point and pick what really needs to be fixed and what we can live without and then stand  firmly behind constructive criticism , help and good ideas... not tantrums and cap locks. 

Message 1 of 45 (951 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@master2g If I could give more than one XP, I would. Thats why I get so upset with some of these posts. I agree, there are things that need to be fixed but, kicking and screaming and also demanding 30 things will not make things go in motion or work faster. It gets ridiculous. I am sure you have seen me say many times that Ghost is a small studio and people do not see to care they only want what they want and thats it. A boycott won't work either and its one of the dumbest things I have seen. They will fix the major issues when they can. 100% agree with you here.

Message 2 of 45 (934 Views)

★★ Pro

@XGCSith

Thanks, yeah you are right there as well.

We are in agreement probably because we work for EA. "sarcasm" lol Wink

Message 3 of 45 (904 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@master2g So true. We are undercover employees that are on here talking up this game.

Message 4 of 45 (900 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
Sorry to break it to you boss but two things that you forget in your version of "reality" is customer service and competition in market place. There are plenty of new comers in games in steam and other places that are looking at ea to grab market share and willing to do what ghost and EA doesn't do. I agree that Ghost is dependent on EA and EA cares less about customer services and is focused on other games for new revenue but if they don't want to be part of the grave of many companies who have squized and died from ea mergers and acquisitions they have to live in real world of competition and be smart. The less they respond to customer and keep in touch the less they will be relevant a soon.
Message 5 of 45 (886 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@1WhiteWolfALPHA considering there are not many games out there like NFS customization wise, I would the competition in the market place is pretty sound. Forza does not have the customization that 2015 or Payback has. Some things are unique to each game. The problem is, if Payback were to have motor swaps or conversions that Forza had, people would complain about NFS copying Forza just like what people were saying with the derelicts. What people also dont realize is, Forza did not start the barn finds, Test Drive Unlimited 2 had derelict type cars in it. There is just no pleasing people, thats the thing. As for the customer service part, I am not sure what you mean. 

Message 6 of 45 (874 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
Sure yet Forza falls more on simulation game. Forza relies on Microsoft marketing. There are plenty of games on stream that are breaking through monopoloes as in case off project cars which grabed much of market share on steam.
The same is bound to happend to Need for speed through steam which is in competition with origin. It will lose share either to the simultanion market place which is becoming more relevant as time goes on or is bound to meet some competition now that steam allows more and more companies and games to enter the market place. By customer demand and customer service I meant market demand.
Last thing don't forget how many games are croud sourcing and are becoming very successful as deliverance kingdom come, star citizen and are breaking the classic market of games and disrupting the old ways of these mainstream companies who have enjoyed monoplizing the market share and where whatever they wanted. Marketing through gaming magazines or by revolving doors through magazines won't save them as they are becoming irrelevant themselves.
Message 7 of 45 (870 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
Many of the complaints i've seen have been in relation to multiplayer. Sorry but in this day and age theres no excuse for shipping a game with such a lame online experience.

Also, the level of customer support from EA/Ghost Games is shocking. A friend of mine can't get the game to load and is unable to play it. 4 weeks ago he raised a ticket with customer support. He's had no response at all. Still, he's found a solution now.... he got a full refund from microsoft.

Imo NFS has gone down the pan and EA/Ghost appear to be doing nothing to save it.
Message 8 of 45 (853 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@1WhiteWolfALPHA So you are saying market share as a whole? Not too many people play racing games now so the market share for racing games will be small compared to other games. I can see what you are saying though. The competition can be fierce in the racing game market. Most people gear more to simulation than sandbox style racing games. I like the customization aspect of racing games so I gear more to the sandbox style. All in all, games such as Payback are hurting in the market share, I feel, because there just are not very many people (out of all of the gamers out there) that play racing games. If there was a huge demand, that might be different. 

Message 9 of 45 (840 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@xREEx I am not sure what to tell you there. I am not sure why he couldn't get the game to work. It worked fine for many people put there. I cant say EA/Ghost have gone down the pan considering 2015 was not so bad and this one is not bad it just needs some work. My biggest 2 problems with this game are, no free roam cops and I am not a huge fan of the speed card way of performance customization. I thought they had a pretty solid way of upgrading cars in 2015 and it did not need to be changed.

Message 10 of 45 (836 Views)