Useful suggestions for the new NBA Live 18

by libanabdi1234

Original Post

Re: NBA Live 18: Drifting Shots

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @darkjoshx13

Thanks for your comments on NBA Live 18 !

Once again I am moving your post to the main thread where the community is discussing their suggestions and feedback.

Please make sure to comment only on this thread for anything related to feedback or suggestions,

Roulbox

Message 21 of 48 (2,608 Views)

Re: NBA Live 18: Drifting Shots

★ Apprentice

Thanks! I really want this game to prosper. One question. On EA Access, will your player overall, rp, etc. carry over to the full game? Its not carrying over to the demo and was just wondering.

Message 22 of 48 (2,594 Views)

Re: NBA Live 18: UnderShirts

★ Apprentice

Hey Live Devs,

Some people are asking if they can have the long-sleeve compression shirt to be layered under shirts such as jerseys. Is it possible?

Message 23 of 48 (2,562 Views)

Re: Useful suggestions for the new NBA Live 18

★★★★ Novice
Allow us to request a position change in the one mode. I am a 6'5" 212 lbs Shooting guard (wing scorer), and forced to play SF. I am heavily out matched against the likes of KD, Ben Simmons, Antetokounmpo, etc.

Also, how about the ability to change out 1 of our Secondary Skills for RP? Make it expensive to do so. Maybe 75,000 RP.

I love the gameplay, NBA Live is back! Some animations still seem just a little stiff. Players backs don't really bend, I think that alone will help.
Message 24 of 48 (2,515 Views)

★★★ Newbie
We need a roster editor. This is basic stuff here. Nba live 09 had great customization and nba live 17 cant even have any?
Message 25 of 48 (2,495 Views)

★★ Novice

1st off, I love the game. Kudos to the devs on making the most fun basketball game in years!

Just a few ideas:

Can we have 3v3 Pick Up games? It can be hard getting a squad of 5 and if you get a few ballhogs on your team, it can be hard even touching the ball.

Can we create a Pro-Am team. Create a team, invite friends to join, give it a team name, custom jerseys or pick from a selection, pick an existing court or create a custom street court. I know this would be a lot but it would be my most played mode if we had something like this.

Message 26 of 48 (2,485 Views)

Need a fake pass button!

★ Apprentice

Double tap A for a fake pass would be perfect. Please add this, thank you

Message 27 of 48 (2,406 Views)

Re: Need a fake pass button!

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for your suggestion @ThreeOGod

I am moving your comment to the thread where we are discussing about the different features that you guys would like to see in the game.

Roulbox

Message 28 of 48 (2,392 Views)

A couple things missing from the game or at least should be added.

★★★ Newbie

1. In the Franchise mode, I have no clue (If its even possible) how to scout out my picks. But i can certainly trade for them. You get to the draft with no idea of what you're about to even see.

2. CUSTOMIZE ROSTER - This is really sickening. You guys have custom rosters in MADDEN 17. Why couldnt it be done in here?

3. Online Franchise mode - Because its 2008 again.

4. The ability to jump for a block if you are able to jump. No more reaching animations or running away. No completely grounded defense if a point guard drives. Its absolutely enraging when Kyle Lowry is unblockable on layups by Clint Capela.

5. Double Dribble Violations - It happens a bit in this game. But never called.

6. Fix the glitchy slide animation the CPU now does after they inbound the ball.

7. Can you please make a dribble check button? as opposed to a reach in. Like a contest with a no ability to get a steal but just give the ballhandler an extra obstacle to get around. no hand checking, 

8. Import TheOne to Franchise roster.

9. LEGENDS! - SMH

10. Make Hype Brothers available in franchise mode.

Mostly you would win me over if you just let me customize this vanilla game

Message 29 of 48 (2,365 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Useful suggestions after completing first season of the 1, playing multiple quick games and some LUT. 

1. blocks need to be toned down. seems like on the higher difficulty anyone can throw it back regardless of size or skill. 

2. as far as i can tell there is only one animation for a reach in foul (ball handler is at the 3pt line bringing ball you reach in and they call foul). should add another few as this gets old quick

3. commentary gets repetitive fast, especially in the one. 

4. need to tune some of AI cheapness down. what i mean is my own players stepping in front of me when i try to help on D. or CPU making crazy saves at the 1 inch line of the sidelines. CPU not facing ball but throws hands up at exact time to deflect pass or makes crazy lunge for it

5. layups in traffic should be tuned down a bit in the one as well. i know my guy has a high rating but he is making crazy floaters with people all over the paint. if it is considered a bad shot there should be higher chance it misses. 

6. point deductions in the one need to be looked at. sometimes i get -3 for missing a basket even if it isnt considered bad shot. 3 second violation is massive decrease as well. when you start a post anchor player, your ratings are not great and i tend to get this several times a game before i can be more effective. 

Message 30 of 48 (2,352 Views)