Re: Upgrades 😥

by MXRACER1988

Original Post

Upgrades 😥

★★★ Newbie
  1. I wish the car upgrades where the same as need for speed the one with ken block in it now we have to use stupid cards adding multiple. Of the same part on one car like that's ridicules you wouldn't have three different engen block in your real car . or 6 different ecu's
Message 1 of 23 (2,139 Views)

★★ Pro

All of us wish that speed cards would go away but Paybacks Speed Cards are not going to change ever. Considering how hard EA is fighting some countries lately to keep loot boxes in some games still goes to show you that its not about the game any more to EA. Its no longer " EA ,ITS IN THE GAME !" more like ' EA, ITS IN THE MONEY" .  Frown

Message 2 of 23 (2,044 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Gotta say it's a trend I'm seeing. Capcom ruined resident evil after 4, straying from its original survival horror and it seems EA ruined the most wanted remake with Jack spots and cards in payback. Not sure why people can't listen to fans and players. They get money from us after all. Not listening just hurts them.

Message 3 of 23 (2,004 Views)

★★ Pro

Yes i agree with you. It is indeed a disappointing trend and it is sad , i mean look at the newest Devil may Cry 5, lo and behold there is micro transactions in it. I know one thing I am glad I got such a back log of games to play still because between PC gear getting stupid expensive ( with hardly any gain in FPS due to poor optimization ) and games being released broken and full of micro transactions bs im done with new release stuff. I haven't bought a new on release game in a long time. Now if others would stop jumping on the hype train and preordering then they would have to listen to us because no one would be buying.

Message 4 of 23 (1,950 Views)

★★ Expert

@master2g 

I just had to reply because your so right.

The micro transactions in the game are pure and simple greed by EA!

I mean ain't it enough anymore for a game player to just spend his or her $50, $60 or $70 for a darn game? 

Your right about people jumping on the band wagon too every time something is released in micro transactions.

EA over the years has milked me out of many thousands of dollars and what do I get in return....No thank you letter from EA!

I get the same message we all get every few years....the next game is gonna be the best...and it never is....LOL

Micro transactions are the worse thing in any video game!

I just wish EA would stop ripping off the fans!

I'm giving you XP Brother for your great answer! 

Please kindly return the favor, you are thanked very much for that.

Hope your doing good too....its been a while since we talked in forums.

God Bless Brother! 

Message 5 of 23 (1,923 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

XP back at you my friend.

The thing is , is that Companies now know that the harder they hype something the better the many Sheep will take notice and buy it. For way to many it is about bragging rights that they have the latest and greatest . example.....

Stupid guy - " Yep ! pre-ordered myself a RTX 2080 TI "" This bad boy is the best card period. destroys every other card"

Me - " I have my gtx 1080 ti and it works great for me so il skip this gen"

Stupid guy - " yeah but its not a 2080ti and is so old now"

Me - " Uh...You spend over $1100 on card that is a poor price to performance gain and has tech that isn't out yet and cant use" . "That is crazy and empowering these companies to not change"

Stupid guy - " Yeah but its rtx 2080 ti so"

Me - face palm " You sir are everything wrong with the PC gaming world"

and don't get me started on preordering games these days.

Message 6 of 23 (1,903 Views)

[ Edited ]

Preorderers are making the game industry die.

I wanted so much to preorder  Forza Horizon 4 this week, I wanted it so much on early release but two words popped into my head that stopped me being an idiot.....""Remember Payback"", ""Remember Payback"",""Remember Payback"", echoed around my head, I thought about all the unhappy postings here from preorderers who got NOTHING extra, and only ended up paying to be a games tester for ea''s floating rock, bad rendering game. But at least they got blue tyre smoke.

It seems that Horizon 4 has got more bugs than a junkies bed for some pc users and it crashes more than the banking system, so glad I did not preorder. [Although I just talked to a friend and his game dont crash,,,I had to edit this bit into my post to be fair to the game]...If you read the Forza 4 forum people just like you payback preorderers are also unhappy, the feeling of being ripped off is just tough to live with for those people too.

If you wanna stop yourself from preordering bug ridden junk in the future, think of only two words before you make that idiot decision to buy,,,""Remember Payback"

Message 7 of 23 (1,887 Views)

★★ Pro

I remember when Arkham City came out and that was broken with dx11 and such being implemented poorly. I had pre order and spent top dollar on it in support of it. I wasn't happy with the mess i got. Yes it got fixed and such for the most part but it never was what i paid full price for. Since then it for me has just slowly gotten worse. Games , tech and other are being rushed out the door incomplete  due to lack of development time. Games to me have less excitement and attention put into them then the advertising for them does. Until pre ordering and band wagon jumping stops then this state of gaming will never ever change.

Message 8 of 23 (1,879 Views)

[ Edited ]

It is a real let down if a game does not work properly after you looked forward to getting it, or if  it is totally different to what the games companies  make you think that it is like. Trailers are often way too false, they show almost no real game play, just mostly captured images from the game engine that the devs edit together They just don't want people to see how * the game is until they have got our money.Although the Forza Horizon 3 trailer was an exception I enjoyed playing that game as much as the trailer said that I would.

It seems smarter to wait a while before buying new games, the games companies just can no longer be trusted to be able to give them cash up front for an unseen product. First see if other people have problems with a game you wanna buy, read reviews about bugs etc, let them fix the worse bugs before you buy,,,and NEVER pre order. All you get extra is blue tyre smoke anyway,,,woo hoo !! So generous.

How many of us have got boxes full of old disappointing computer games that were worth nowhere near the asking price ? Battlecruiser 3000AD and Frontier First Encounters were my two biggest disappointment purchases, because neither of the games worked properly and I looked so forward to getting them.I read that 3000 AD is one of the buggiest games in history, just like First Encounters,,,and I bought them both,,,DOH !

I was disappointed with NFS 2015, until I realized that it is actually one of the best nfs games I ever played.

Message 9 of 23 (1,861 Views)

[ Edited ]

@master2g

I remember when cpu's were still at 166mhz and they came out with the 200mhz,,,In reality there was next to no difference in performance the step is just too small to notice. But the same sort of people who you describe still swore by it."Yer it is much faster than your ancient 166 is ",,,,,Ur Nope it isn't.

I just bought a new video card actually, it is around two and a half steps up from what I had with double the video memory of  the old card, I missed two generations of video card out, my cpu cannot handle any more so I am stuck with this. Playing Forza Horizon 3, I notice quite a difference in performance plus I can now have the graphics on medium to high.

Message 10 of 23 (1,832 Views)