Updating costs in C&C Rivals to “get people to diversify their gameplay”

by stinkypinky219

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Updating costs in C&C Rivals to “get people to diversify their gameplay”

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I won’t be playing C&C Rivals until you lower the cost for tech labs back to 120... stop EA’ing everything. Why does it concern you so much whether people are building the AirPad or not? Keep introducing new units to even the gameplay. Thanks 

Message 1 of 12 (1,110 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Updating costs in C&C Rivals to “get people to diversify their gameplay”

★★★★★ Newbie

I totally agree with you, it feels like it's discriminating for tech players more than diversify! As a player rely on laser squad and shockwaves unit along with tech units.

I think Tech units is already too expensive I mean u could always kill cyporg which cost 130 with shockwaves cost 40 !!!

View in thread

Message 6 of 12 (987 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Seriously? You run a 6 tech unit deck? lol

It's a buff to literally every other deck except 6 tech unit decks.

Message 2 of 12 (1,088 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Tech is meant to a last resort when your units fail against your enemy. It starts at 150, and drops by 30 for every building you purchase. This is good for players who use tech as a last resort, but not for players who rely mostly on tech.

Message 3 of 12 (1,073 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi!

The initial cost was increased as part of our tech lab rework. As others have said, as long as you build one other building the initial cost is the exact same. You get the benefit after building your second or third building, and then building the tech lab.

Message 4 of 12 (1,058 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@EA_dance210 wrote:

Hi!

The initial cost was increased as part of our tech lab rework. As others have said, as long as you build one other building the initial cost is the exact same. You get the benefit after building your second or third building, and then building the tech lab.

So this is meant for players who use tech as a final gambit or last resort?

Message 5 of 12 (1,042 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I totally agree with you, it feels like it's discriminating for tech players more than diversify! As a player rely on laser squad and shockwaves unit along with tech units.

I think Tech units is already too expensive I mean u could always kill cyporg which cost 130 with shockwaves cost 40 !!!

Message 6 of 12 (988 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

No, as long as you build another building the cost of the Tech Lab stays the same.

And yes, I too believe that Tech units are a bit too expensive in general (except Artillery, Avatar and Mammoth).

Message 7 of 12 (978 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@virus96lt wrote:

I think Tech units is already too expensive I mean u could always kill cyborg which cost 130 with shockwaves cost 40 !!!

I would probably suggest that all tech is only effective against one unit type, so tech users would have to rely on multiple units to win. Units like Confessor, Cyborg, Avatar, Artillery, Sandstorm, Zone trooper, Mammoth and Juggernaut are hard to counter with only 1 type. You have to rely on units that there not effective at. I would suggest Confessors be like a powerful slingshot but only deal damage to infantry the same way a militant/riflemen can. Zone troopers and cyborgs should not be able to shoot air (or anti-air damage halved) and Mammoth/Avatar should take a longer time crushing/burning infantry. Sandstorms should only be able to lock on to one of two units per salvo (if you have a predator and an orca attacking it, the sandstorm can only fire its salvo on either before reloading) and Juggernauts/Artillery should turn slower and cause splash on one tile.

Message 8 of 12 (976 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@virus96lt wrote:

Guess what: For almost every single unit in this game, there is another cheaper unit that can kill it. It's just how this game works, and always has: Rock Paper Scissors.

And you are completely wrong about Tech units being too expensive. Tech units are insanely powerful with regard to their hit points and damage output. Also, double harvesters bring in an insane amount of Tiberium. And Tiberium is never in short supply: Every single map has plenty of it.

That said, I wouldn't mind if Tech units were lowered in price IF AND ONLY IF their power was also reduced at the same time. This would mean that the gap between Tech players and Non-Tech players would not be so extremely large as it is right now.

Message 9 of 12 (926 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@KelinDrawn wrote:

And yes, I too believe that Tech units are a bit too expensive in general

They are not. While their cost is relatively high, so is also their health and their damage output. You want powerful units that are cheap? That would completely destroy the game balance.

Message 10 of 12 (913 Views)