Re: Update size

by asukojo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Update size

★★★ Newbie

I recently bought PvZ 2 for my sons and had to install an update in order for them to play. the file was 10gb, and now within a week, have got a message that there is a further update that requires a 10gb update, which, broadband dependent, takes hours. This seems excessive or has anyone else the had the same experience?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 7 (1,276 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

This is a unique occurrence, patches usually are small in size.

I have been told that the reason this particular patch is so large is that there were many newer players who did not have some of the old patches, and this was discovered to be causing many of the bugs we see reported around here.  

Basically, there was a lot of stuff on PS4 that was broken and this is supposed to fix it.

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (1,497 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Yeah, you are little unfortunate, there's patch update yesterday to fix upgrade issue. 

If you want to buy the frozen upgrade (Iron Citron and Toxic brains, $11 each), you need to install the patch first.

If not, you don't have to install this patch to play. You can let it download in the background.

Note:

1. Normally the patch comes every 3-4 months for game balancing. For this one, you have to download it first before can play to make sure everybody on the same pace.

2. It takes a long time to download via Wifi (2-3 Mbps). If the patch required to play, I will connect PS4 and plug the cable directly my Comcast so download much faster (~100Mbps).

Message 2 of 7 (1,248 Views)

[ Edited ]

This is a unique occurrence, patches usually are small in size.

I have been told that the reason this particular patch is so large is that there were many newer players who did not have some of the old patches, and this was discovered to be causing many of the bugs we see reported around here.  

Basically, there was a lot of stuff on PS4 that was broken and this is supposed to fix it.

Message 3 of 7 (1,498 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ok, thanks for explaining that. i thought i'd be doing these downloads on a regular basis!

Message 4 of 7 (1,200 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks for that.
Message 5 of 7 (1,196 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Expert

Correction on my side, we have to download the patch before can play. Here is the description of the patch.

Message 6 of 7 (1,137 Views)

Yeah, you can never play this game if there's an update waiting to install.

Message 7 of 7 (1,115 Views)