Update - Ping Site Issues

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Update - Ping Site Issues

EA DICE Team

Hi all,

We're looking to deploy a fix for the ping site issues currently targeted at an update later this month (to confirm: this will not be part of the August 7 patch). We'll share more information closer to that time.

Message 1 of 25 (3,063 Views)

Re: Update - Ping Site Issues

I really hope this fix has a high priority. Player report to find only empty lobbies and can't connect to games for at least a month now.

If players can't play the game, why should they ever bother to buy skins?

Message 2 of 25 (3,032 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@DYSPROssium quite right. To add to this I have had at least two people in the last few weeks ask me if they should buy the game as its so cheap on PS4 atm. They didn't have enough faith to buy the game even when you had I think it was 25% discounts, so how can I recommend this game when it's mainly online multiplayer and but you can't connect to a game. Hey you guys give me a working game I don't mind helping you make money. Help me help you EA! 

Imo the above response on EA's behalf is not sufficient as is evident from the following post; https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/EA-s-Answer-to-the-Ping-Problem-We-don-t-care-wait-until-..., made justs moments after this topic was started, highlighting the sheer frustration caused by this what is almost effectively a lack of response. 

I would just like to add I've noticed a couple of topics on here have disappeared very recently. These topics reference the actions being taken to mask the extent of the ping site issue and censorship on EA's part when calling out these actions. I had a chance to read the topics before they were deleted/moved and must say that by deleting/moving those posts you only went to prove them accurate at least to me and anyone else who managed to read them. It's not a good look, I would always say honesty is the best policy and I can understand why you wouldnt want certain things highlighted but doing that just undermines any hard work you guys are putting in to make this game work. 

Message 3 of 25 (3,020 Views)

Hero

@EA_Atic wrote:

"update later this month"

Thank you for providing a time frame, @EA_Atic

Very much appreciated!

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 4 of 25 (2,983 Views)

Champion

@EA_Atic

I suppose the ping site issue is from a corrupted setting file. Anyway, I think you can help the people who have this trouble. Some people have reported that they could join the game via their friends. Yes, you can join your friend's game even if you have this ping site issue. So you just need to recruit some voluntary staff and introduce them as a friend. I know it is not a good solution but still it can help the people who are suffering from it. Am I wrong? Sick

Message 5 of 25 (2,945 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Sati_Sati that's not a bad idea. I think it would be nice to know why this is happening. I mean can it possibly be they don't know or can't find a way to fix it I don't know but I reckon some EA people should know and it would be nice if they could share that with us. We are all human(hopefully) and we understand * ups happen it's the responses and reaction to these * ups that determine our satisfaction while the game can't do the job. 

Message 6 of 25 (2,940 Views)

Champion
@Sati_Sati - Hi

If you haven't viewed the other threads on this issue, try this link https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Can-t-find-players-lobbies-always-empty-Star-wars-Battlef.... This has worked for me and I have been able to play without problems.
"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

Champion

@ggibb65

Thank you for your kindness. Actually, I don't have this problem. I am a PC version player and I didn't play this game last week because I was just a little busy. Though, I think EA people need to help the people who have this problem for a month and I believe they can do something. If they had any advice, that would be helpful (this announcement what @EA_Atic posted is too short IMO). Again, thank you for your kindness.

Message 8 of 25 (2,864 Views)

Champion

@Tinogiggedy

I remembered I had similar problem in a predecessor (Star Wars Battlefront1). In the early days of that game, I could not find a game. My friends neither. This continued for months until they add a server selector. So I think I understand the feelings of the people who have this problem. That was sad. ( It is path to the dark side. Zipped lips )

Message 9 of 25 (2,861 Views)

★ Apprentice
thanks for the info but nothing works for me. guess I can't play till they decide to fix this issue someday. Frown
Message 10 of 25 (2,835 Views)