Re: Update 1.7 Notes

by yehoshualee

Original Post

Update 1.7 Notes

Community Manager (retired)

Update 1.7 will soon be available for download in the App Store and Google Play. This update introduces new, time-limited game modes, a seasonal login calendar and some quality of life improvements. Continue reading for full details on what to expect with Update 1.7 goes live.

Table of Contents:

• Game Modes
  • Seasonal Login Rewards
  • A.I. Matches
  • Increased Army Slots
  • Unit & Commander Upgrade Notifications
  • Opening Crates
  • Performance & Bug Fixes

FEATURES

New Game Mode

We want these modes to offer a different experience compared to the standard ladder. These modes will be based off the classic gameplay rules that you’re used to but with a twist. From how many missiles it takes to destroy a base to your starting Tiberium or even unit cooldown timers, we want these modes to feel unique and exciting. 

Learn more about the new game modes here.

Seasonal Login Rewards             

The seasonal login calendar will reward you for playing every day. The calendar resets for all players at the same time, at the beginning of the season. The more days you log in during the season, the more rewards you will earn. The login rewards may not run for the entire season, allowing you to miss a few days and still receive all the rewards. 

Read full details here.

Quality of Life Improvements

A.I. Matches 

AI Match.png

Whether testing out a new unit or experimenting with army configurations, there are times when you want to start quickly jump into a battle. Alliance battles and custom matches are great options, if another player is around. Now, you have the option to play against an A.I. opponents.

This option has been added to the Custom Match screen. On the main screen, you will now see the option to “Create,” “Join,” or “Play Bots.” After tapping on “Play Bots” you will have the opportunity to select a map and change your army loadout. Tap “Create Match” to begin the battle.

Increased Army Slots 

Army Slots.png

We’ve heard your feedback that being able to save only three armies per faction can still feel restrictive. With this update, we have increased the number of armies that can be saved, giving you more options before you start the battle.

• Increased the number of saved army slots to 5 (was 3)

Unit and Commander Upgrade Notifications 

The “Army’ tab on the main landing page will no longer show the notification for how many units can be upgraded.

Opening Crates

Opening crates, particularly when there are many crates to open, can take time. We have added a ‘Skip’ button, allowing you to skip the crate opening animation. After tapping that button, a summary of what you received will pop up. This gives you the flexibility to manually open crates or skip the crate animations, depending on your preferences.

Performance & Bug Fixes

• Fixed various crash issues
  • Fixed an issue where some event reward vanity items had the description ‘Purchase in Store’
Message 1 of 45 (29,428 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Great changes.

Maybe we could save and copy more army loadouts through third party applications, but that can only happen if the official Rivals app can generate a link for each army loadout.

Also, I want to reques official support for private tournaments.

Message 2 of 45 (29,357 Views)

★ Apprentice

Is app crash on Chinese language fixed?

Message 3 of 45 (29,342 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

A.I. Matches is a great thing to come to C&C Rivals. Would have been nice if it had been available earlier, but I am happy that it will be available now. Standard smile

Message 4 of 45 (29,281 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Mister_Crac wrote:

A.I. Matches is a great thing to come to C&C Rivals. Would have been nice if it had been available earlier, but I am happy that it will be available now. Standard smile

Finally, A.I. I wonder how this works? Is it like how I said it should be, the units they spit out get harder and harder to beat, though they would often send the wrong units on the claimed pads? It would feel like a gold to platinum tech player who is running on infinite tiberium. I bet it would act similar to the tutorial series in the game.

Message 5 of 45 (29,246 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

🍻 RΣΔLLΨ MUST GIVΣ CRΣDIT TΩ THΣ EA/DΣVΣLΩPΣR TΣΔM, THIS IS TRULΨ ΔΠ " ΔωΣSΩMΣ " UPDΔTΣ, VΣRΨ IMPRΣSSIVΣ . ΣXTRΣMLΨ ωΣLL DΩΠΣ 😎👌

Message 6 of 45 (29,190 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@EA_dance210 wrote:

Quality of Life Improvements

A.I. Matches 

AI Match.png

Whether testing out a new unit or experimenting with army configurations, there are times when you want to start quickly jump into a battle. Alliance battles and custom matches are great options, if another player is around. Now, you have the option to play against an A.I. opponents.

This option has been added to the Custom Match screen. On the main screen, you will now see the option to “Create,” “Join,” or “Play Bots.” After tapping on “Play Bots” you will have the opportunity to select a map and change your army loadout. Tap “Create Match” to begin the battle.

I think the bots need more improvement, also can I watch the replays provided with a match against bots to see how it deals things. Right now, the only units it spits out are shockwave troopers, riflemen, harvester and strong-arm turrets. I'd probably suggest to give the bot unlimited credits and that it spits out cheap units first before mixing in more expensive ones. They would aim at random pads and occasionally harvesters. Right now, fighting a bot feels like I'm fighting a bronze player. Would like to stack up with a cheating gold league player, who would throw units here and there non-stop and has no focus on counters.

Message 7 of 45 (29,182 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@EA_dance210 
The bots are terribly weak. Both in levels, and in artificial intelligence. The way they are now I would honestly describe them as pretty much useless.

Message 8 of 45 (29,147 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Mister_Crac wrote:

@EA_dance210 
The bots are terribly weak. Both in levels, and in artificial intelligence. The way they are now I would honestly describe them as pretty much useless.

They're weak in levels, I just hope that they fix it, not by making it smarter, but faster. Like the time it takes you to pump out 2 units, it would pump out 3 or 4 units. Those units would be random and would aim at your units, the pads or your harvesters. Also the bot should not order harvesters so it can throw out tech after 3 minutes (its going to run out of tiberium spamming units). At this rate, it only brought out a sandstorm and spammed pit-bulls right after. Instead of it having a 6 random card deck, it should have every GDi/Nod unit it its deck. It would then throw out the cheaper ones then minutes later the more expensive ones. Sometimes, I act like a bot, sending the wrong units into their counters to try and destroy the enemy unit. Seen militants sacrifice themselves to a chem buggy? My opponent must have been rolling on the floor laughing for that.

Message 9 of 45 (29,117 Views)

★ Guide

@EinarThePillager wrote:

@Mister_Crac wrote:

@EA_dance210 

They're weak in levels, I just hope that they fix it, not by making it smarter, but faster. Like the time it takes you to pump out 2 units, it would pump out 3 or 4 units. Those units would be random and would aim at your units, the pads or your harvesters. Also the bot should not order harvesters so it can throw out tech after 3 minutes (its going to run out of tiberium spamming units). At this rate, it only brought out a sandstorm and spammed pit-bulls right after. Instead of it having a 6 random card deck, it should have every GDi/Nod unit it its deck. It would then throw out the cheaper ones then minutes later the more expensive ones. Sometimes, I act like a bot, sending the wrong units into their counters to try and destroy the enemy unit. Seen militants sacrifice themselves to a chem buggy? My opponent must have been rolling on the floor laughing for that.

I really hope you are joking, the last thing I want the AI do is cheat. I want it to represent a human player as much as possible so we can test strategies. You wouldn't learn anything if you have to play a different meta versus bots.

Message 10 of 45 (29,084 Views)