Re: Update 1.5 Balance Changes

by Mister_Crac

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

" Someone " once said about programming AI,  " ...Just Prevent STUPID Stuff from happening & you're 90% there... "

Well...  I've seen a bit. of Stupid that needs looking into... 

Flame Pool of Inferno & Scarabs seemes to Not Only Be Shorter BUT Less Damaging...  had Scarabs survive walking through their Own Fire Pool 100% Unharmed & The Fire Pool of an Inferno FAILED to finish off a Widow Maker... The Persistent Fire Pools are JUST a decoration or very near to it... no matter how short The Fire lasts if it's harmless it's pointless... 

ALSO, 

The WORST is Units like Flame Tank AUTO Disconnecting from intended target,  such as matching all the way across the map focused on the enemy HQ only to fire on some other RANDOM Unit & NOT the HQ... 

It's one thing to fight the enemy,  but fighting your OWN Units is... " Stupid "

While you're looking into THAT,  also observe the POOR Unit Auto Targeting choice when multiple options are near... 

If I send a Unit near a Direct Counter Target,  it'd be NICE if my unit preferred to target it's Direct Enemy Counter Target rather than FOOLISHLY Attacking any unit that it can't really damage... 

I KNOW I can work around some of these deficiencies but every extra redundant command just makes the battles a bit more laborious and they really need to be especially when you're in a fast-paced battle and every command is crucial really just don't need to repeat my commands or give additional commands that should be obvious...

Every command that is interpreted correctly the first time yields an opportunity to take advantage of the vanity communications, which are incredibly fun to use 😂😂😂 

Message 21 of 27 (738 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@KelinDrawn wrote:

@Artriedes How do you expect to win with that attitude? Apart from air units you can bring one down with two tanks or two zone troopers, even rockets/lasers last longer to get some shots off since damage vs infantry has already been toned down. The games where an Avatar spawns, kills your Harvester and then goes to burn the base down uncontested do not happen anymore (goes hand in hand with the Oxanna nerf). Also keep in mind the Avatar is super expensive and can’t attack air units.

What attitude are you talking about mate? Expressing my opinion about what I think should be nerfed in the game? I thought thats what this forum was for. And I've won plenty thank you very much. I didn't get to tib league multiple times without winning some matches. And I've never spent a single dollar on this game either.

The devs know what they are doing. They actually have stats that tell them which units are overperforming and overly popular and which arent. The Avatar has been dominating and getting picked more than other tech units in the nod side for a reason. The top players in the game have attested to that. It actually became the win condition at one point. So I have expressed my opinion on what should be done to fix it. Don't like it? Agree to disagree.

Message 22 of 27 (716 Views)

★★ Guide
You insinuated that as soon as an Avatar hits the field one might as well give up. That simply is not true anymore based on my (and others in this thread) experience. It was that statement that didn’t sit well with me. Obviously you should always express your opinion, just like like I do.

The Avatar now has been nerfed three times, it was during the first two where people (including me) demanded a nerf.
Message 23 of 27 (696 Views)

★ Apprentice

Jade,chem warrior,and chem buggies need q nerf agaiant bases one chem and catalist missle did at leats 40% of my base health and we was even levels you gotta nerf that damage i lost because of that and can you ban a player naked nukin he been cheating

Message 24 of 27 (676 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
😂😂😂 Checkers & tic-tac-toe are Great Games Where EVERY Unit is the SAME... 😎🍻

But seriously RIVALS is a Magnificent Adventure.

There's Balanced Options granting the freedom to RUSH Your Development matched with significantly longer development options.

Some of The MOST Enjoyable FUN is had by simply Enjoying RIVALS Content as it's developed with a Balanced & Greatful Countenance. If so inclined... Give POSITIVE Feedback, take advantage of the many resource BOOSTS to enhance your experience.

Whatever happens, don't give into the weak mindedness of complaining just because losses are experienced when encountering Superior strategies.

Learn from the losses and shape your development to counter and employ the best strategies 💪😎
Message 25 of 27 (664 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

You didn't mention now talon shoots Obelisk with rockets

Message 26 of 27 (647 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@xrmiao4 wrote:

You didn't mention now talon shoots Obelisk with rockets

Since Hammerheads and Phantoms can attack buildings with their anti-air rockets, I guess it makes sense that a Talon could do the same?

Message 27 of 27 (602 Views)