Re: Upcoming units leaked: catalyst gunship, the wrath, battering ram

by Artriedes

Original Post

Upcoming units leaked: catalyst gunship, the wrath, battering ram

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Got some info from discord about some of the upcoming units. Maybe there is more info about them leaked somewhere else already, but I got only names and some gifs of them so far. The names and images are obviously not final.

Nod anti-vehicle air unit (potentially also anti-infantry): Catalyst gunship:

Notes: This seems to be a similar unit to the GDI mohawk. It deals good damage to vehicles. If the target is standing on a tiberium cloud (or maybe tib field), the shots of the gunship will deal extra damage. You can also notice that a bar fills up while the gunship is fighting, indicating that it will possibly shoot out an empowered attack once it's filled. This bar depletes when out of combat, however. I guess that infantry damage is quite weak, unless it is standing in a gascloud, in which case the bonus damage triggers and deals massive damage.

Nod anti-vehicle air unit: The shade (or the wrath):

Notes: It seems to be an anti-vehicle air unit similar to the GDI Orca. This unit is stealthed when not fighting. Once it fires, an EMP will go off, stunning vehicles around the unit. It has 8 shots which reload after some time. Seems to be reloading faster than the Orca, but it has less total damage.

GDI anti-structure(?) vehicle: Battering ram:

Notes: ... I honestly don't know what this is. I can't tell what this unit is good against. It's obviously good against structures, but I have no info about infantry or vehicle damage, or if attacks have an extra effect. The unit might be build in the techlab. It can also climb over small hills, making it good at sneakily flanking the base.

Opinion: The Nod units seem fun to use and are unique. But I seriously don't know what to think of the battering ram XD

Message 1 of 13 (4,653 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Interesting note is that the battering ram looks like a smaller version of GDI's mastodon. I wonder if it can trample infantry with a faster pace than the mammoth can.

Also why is Nod blue? Did GDI and Nod switch colors, is it it possible to choose the color of your faction now? That catalyst gunship looks real nice, for once there's a flying chem unit. I wonder how it reacts to the catalyst missile (literally and emotionally).

Message 2 of 13 (4,622 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@EinarThePillagerI would prefer them to implement mastodon with the same role like the battering ram, equipped with railgun that is the ultimate structure destroyer, only lose to disruptor.

Probably attacks like the rockworm since it's a melee attack, Mastodon's railgun could do it... i mean... cmon!!! Quadrupedal walker is also a part of GDI's identity beside mammoth tank.

Also... the shade's EMP completely immobilize vehicles, as evidenced by the pitbull turret not moving at all when under EMP effect.

Also, something is fishy, it's impossible to have level 1 chem-warrior, level 1 pitbull because of rarity limits them to be at level 5 and 3.
Wow...

Message 3 of 13 (4,609 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@XanderTheV wrote:

Also, something is fishy, it's impossible to have level 1 chem-warrior, level 1 pitbull because of rarity limits them to be at level 5 and 3.
Wow...

I bet there's a new game mode that allows all these fallacies. From the level 1 units to GDI being red and Nod being blue. I mean WHEN does nod become BLUE?!?! You can adjust the level of your army (or adjust each unit's level individually) down to the upgraded bars. This would be like setting the army to level 8 with 2 training, level 10 with 1 training or level 3 with 3 training.

Message 4 of 13 (4,597 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

i like the shade(or the wrath) but inferno way better than this new upcoming unit

Message 5 of 13 (4,555 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I think GDI need Firehawk now pls ! It's an iconic GDI air superiority fighter than hammerhead.Just give 1 bomb to ground target and 4 missile for anti-air. Can fires while move ,speed at fastest , health is the same as hamerhead and reveals stealth unit.

if need to balance firehawk move to tech lab and increase cost about 120 or 130

who with me ?

Message 6 of 13 (4,515 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@plabpluem12 wrote:

I think GDI need Firehawk now pls ! It's an iconic GDI air superiority fighter than hammerhead.Just give 1 bomb to ground target and 4 missile for anti-air. Can fires while move ,speed at fastest , health is the same as hamerhead and reveals stealth unit.

if need to balance firehawk move to tech lab and increase cost about 120 or 130

who with me ?

Well, a firehawk might be the next air unit, who knows how many more units the developers would insert before shutting this game down. Personally, I want to see the Cobra (from tiberium alliances and C&C 4) in this game as a stronger anti-vehicle air unit.

Message 7 of 13 (4,486 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Lol the devs showing once again that they hate gdi. Nod is already op as it is. Now we got this new stealth unit which will really take care of the mammoths like the basilisks weren't enough. Meanwhile gdi still doesnt have anything nearly that good against the avatar.

Also, did jade really need more toys? She's pretty op as it is.

Message 8 of 13 (4,476 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Artriedes wrote:

Also, did jade really need more toys? She's pretty op as it is.

Well, there's the chem buggy, a vehicle, and chem warrior, an infantry. All we need now is something that fits the air-vehicle-infantry trio, and the catalyst gunship is good at it.

Message 9 of 13 (4,458 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EinarThePillager

Well, in the original Command and Conquer, Nod units were blue while their buildings were red. Of course, GDI units were yellow with a slightly darker yellow for buildings.
Message 10 of 13 (4,367 Views)