Upcoming Balance Changes - 6/18/18

by Redwood_MrBlack

Original Post

Re: Upcoming Balance Changes - 6/18/18

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

No problem, happy to answer questions/misunderstandings about stuff as it comes up, hope you manage to get a chance to play the game sometime soon.

Message 11 of 21 (830 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Going barracks inf before refinery/harvester is common in many cnc games...I still play Tiberian sun often on cncnet and building refinery(harvester) before barracks and scouts(infantry) is guaranteed suicide
Message 12 of 21 (800 Views)

★ Novice

What about the ridiculously overpowered titans? There locked behind lootboxes or crates and 1 can easily overpower 3 sandstorms and titans have the same build costs? I have level 6 sandstorms and i can not counter 1 titan with 3 of them and a level 5 turret because of the pass-through damage factor and damage range. Im finding leveling NOD hard due to ANY titan match is a lose. Even if i have 2 harvesters and they have 1 i still cant build enough troops to counter titans. The damage is soooo high and health soooo much higher than anything else unless your level 10 and build cost is same as sandstorm. They need to raise cost of titan build and remove pass-through damage or something because if you don't have a titan, you will lose every time no matter how much you throw at them. Just look at the win rate when a titan is involved and its not hard to realize there tooo strong!

Message 13 of 21 (721 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Rovertech84I am curious as to how you are having trouble versus Titans, they are not a unit I would consider to be overpowered. The Titan is a natural high end counter to all ground based vehicles which includes the Sandstorm, it however being a heavy anti vehicle unit makes it vulnerable to Missile Squads, Laser Soldiers, Zone Troopers and Jumpjet Troopers. So if you ever see your opponent is starting to spam them send some missile squads at them and watch the enemy Titan cry as it does laughable damage to your anti vehicle soldiers. They are very tanky and that is mainly because they are meant to be a late game heavy anti vehicle unit only which loses to an type of anti vehicle infantry or anti vehicle aircraft. The fact is the Titan is going to beat the Sandstorm as that is working as intended, the Sandstorm easily destroys all other vehicles and aircraft except the Titan and Rockworm which are made to hard counter other late game heavy vehicles.

I also noticed you are saying that you are struggling versus Titans as Nod which to me is rather strange seeing as Nod has one of the best Tech Lab late game anti vehicle and anti air unit being the Nod Cyborgs which do heavy damage to any vehicle and aircraft while also slowing its movement speed and attack speed. I can guess that perhaps you don't have this unit in which case throw Laser Soldiers at it and they should do the job but avoid using any other vehicle as it will reduce it to scrap metal within one or two hits. Another strong counter to the GDI Titan if you have it is the Nod Rockworm which can destroy the Titan within one or two hits while it can survive around 3 hits of Titan's Railgun.

Another tip is that perhaps if your enemy is fielding lots of Titans then you are not disrupting their economy enough as Titans are one of the more expensive units in the game at 130 Tiberium with the only unit being more expensive being the GDI Mammoth Tank at 160 Tiberium. It could also be that perhaps the enemy is targeting your economy early by eliminating your harvesters which would allow them to tech into these units faster than normal.

Message 14 of 21 (709 Views)

★ Guide
stealth seems to have you covered on titan stuff but I'll also mention that they can't shoot up should you have access to Orcas or Banshees (or I suppose Kodiaks, I never remember quite where those unlock for people) and that if your laser troops need some additional support in fighting a titan you can have them take the initial shot, rush in some attack bikes to get a quick hit, and retreat them before the titan has finished reloading.
Message 15 of 21 (704 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I think where titans are extremely strong is maps with only two capture points, as you can get your titan in place and hit and run tactics are less effective due to the lack of the third point. Borgs are still locked for me so I try banshees but if they go wolverines too the only thing that will work is lazer and confessor combo, and even that's dicey due to the wolverines.

Message 16 of 21 (687 Views)

★ Novice

Typically i was a level 4 going against people with 2 harvesters and i only had one. I ment 2 say i was struggling leveling GDI and i did not have anything to counter. I havent tried air attacks against titans as i didnt think they realy had a "week" sopt. The issue i was having was there are some GDI still points level 338 who already have them un locked. It seemed at my lower levels whatever i through at them just dissolved as they would build 3 and send 1 to my harvester and others 2 to my base. Once i built ANYTHING it was destroyed out the gate. Just about every other match when i was still level 4 was a duel harvester titan knockout. I just unlocked zone trooper and the helicopter for GDI. Im guessing i should switch out the rino for the helicopter and hope it can take a titan down?

Message 17 of 21 (680 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Zone troopers beat titans (and most other late tier vehicles) quite handily if you want to keep your rhino, also not sure if you mean talon or orca by helicopter, talons don't hurt vehicles enough to kill titans in less than a year, orcas are a good counter

Message 18 of 21 (669 Views)

★ Novice
NERF SCARABS !
There is no counter, they can be mass deployed too wuickly and 1 hit everything. your tips say use titans but by the time yoy get a titan they have a pack of scarabs to take it down as quick as you spawn it in.
Message 19 of 21 (560 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @risk5456,

Scarabs are definitely and interesting unit. As a cheaper alternative to the Titan, you can also use Riflemen or Militants against Scarabs. Scarabs are also better as a defensive unit, so if you can take control of an area with a strong defense, it should help limit the usefulness of Scarabs being able attacking there.

Message 20 of 21 (533 Views)