Re: Uninstall and Reinstall????

by SheriGR

Original Post

Uninstall and Reinstall????

★ Apprentice

I have been having a few issues such as, Plasma Pack Glitches and Missing Hair Beanie Glitch. Should I uninstall and reinstall my game?

Message 1 of 2 (300 Views)

Re: Uninstall and Reinstall????

[ Edited ]
Champion

@haphazardlemon 

Do you have CC or Mods? Many were broken with the recent patch (right before Get Famous). 

You can remove them and add them back one by one to see if one of them is causing it.

Troubleshooting Mods and CC

• Access the mods from the folder on your game/machine at: Go to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods
  • Save a copy of the folder to your desktop before emptying the one in your game so you can re-add from the old folder. 

Make and store a backup before doing anything.

If you have a backup you can roll back to a date/version without the issue if you have a bug/glitch issue come up, or something's missing, etc. and not completely lose your game...

How to back up your game file:

Go to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4. Right click on the folder "The Sims 4", copy it. This folder is your backup of your game saves, etc. You should save a copy of this folder occasionally in case your game or computer crashes. Save it to an external drive (in case your computer crashes - yes, I've had that happen a number of times also). On an external drive it is safe from that. That way you could add this folder into a fresh install and recover your lost game should you need to.

When/if you need to overwrite the folder (missing content, grave error, bugs, etc.), just go back to Documents > Electronic Arts and drag/paste the "The Sims 4" folder you saved into the "Electronic Arts" folder and tell it to replace (not merge) the current "The Sims 4" folder.

Did you try a game repair?

Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game.

You could also try removing cache afterwords. If these two don't fix it you could save your game and tray files and drop them into a[b] fresh game install[/b]. Directions for each below:

Last Resort: Reset the Game

This gives instructions on another method of saving a current backup to use the doing the game reset. I wouldn't go as far as to do the reset unless the other options are not working. but you can try it:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 2 (277 Views)