Unicorn Chomper should definitely remain an exclusive for 313 players

by TallerGoblin

Original Post

Unicorn Chomper should definitely remain an exclusive for 313 players

★ Guide

I cannot believe popcap is now considering going back on their word to make the unicorn chomper available for GW2 players when they explicitly said that the ONLY way to unlock it was to get to 313 in GW1. I wasn't 313 when they made the announcement and I had to go and work very hard despite having commitments to get to 313. If they simply give it to players of GW2 its a kick in the face to all the players who worked hard to earn it.  To all those players winging about not having it you know where to go. Stop being lazy and go an earn it like the rest of us did.

Remember this is supposed to be a PLAYER LOYALTY REWARD!!!

After all some people have spent real world money to buy packs to unlock skip stars to get this reward. Just the thought of them doing this is completely unfair.

Message 1 of 15 (694 Views)

Re: Unicorn Chomper should definitely remain an exclusive for 313 players

★ Guide

You still did it pretty fast. They could make it so you have to get to like rank 1,000 in GW2 to get him unlocked. I'd wait until they detail the new requirements before you get all angry. Because I've played nearly 200 hours of this game and I'm not rank 1,000 yet. 

Message 2 of 15 (682 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

That's still too easy. It takes a lot longer in GW1 and that's the idea. I reached 313 faster because I spent my own money to buy packs for skips star, that's how. It wouldn't be fair at all. period. If they decide to do it then popcap owes me a refund for all the money I spent to reach 313.

Message 3 of 15 (676 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

See on this I'm torn. While yes it's kinda disappointing that they are backing off and giving it to players in GW2 the ability to get it, I'll wait to see what they have to do first. It took me a loooong time to get to 313 on the 360 and I was proud of it. Though if they give in, then we really only worked our butts off for early access and some extra sticker packs, which kinda feels like a sucker punch to me.

Message 4 of 15 (663 Views)

Only logical thing to give the unicorn chomper if you are maxed out in PVZGW 2. Its not really fair if you cannot get to a higher rank but that should be the only way to get it because you gone through all good and bad characters which makes you a loyal player. Max rank (not including special character additional ranks) should give you the unicorn chomper since its harder than getting to level 313 in the first game. 

Message 5 of 15 (659 Views)

★★★ Guide

Does this exclusivity really makes you feel special?  I'm rank 313 and couldn't care less if everybody else has the damn thing.  The company will do whatever is best for the business, forget anything else.

Message 6 of 15 (627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@TaasteTheRainbow wrote:

Does this exclusivity really makes you feel special?  I'm rank 313 and couldn't care less if everybody else has the damn thing.  The company will do whatever is best for the business, forget anything else.

Yes it does because he was a PLAYER REWARD!. That's why he was created. Duh!

Message 7 of 15 (616 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Message 8 of 15 (612 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

seriously WTH popcap??? that's like a middle finger to all those that play so hard to rank 313 in GW1.

Message 9 of 15 (605 Views)

★ Guide

@TallerGoblin wrote:

I cannot believe popcap is now considering going back on their word to make the unicorn chomper available for GW2 players when they explicitly said that the ONLY way to unlock it was to get to 313 in GW1. I wasn't 313 when they made the announcement and I had to go and work very hard despite having commitments to get to 313. If they simply give it to players of GW2 its a kick in the face to all the players who worked hard to earn it.  To all those players winging about not having it you know where to go. Stop being lazy and go an earn it like the rest of us did.

Remember this is supposed to be a PLAYER LOYALTY REWARD!!!

After all some people have spent real world money to buy packs to unlock skip stars to get this reward. Just the thought of them doing this is completely unfair.

I'm still working hard... Level 254 now, 2 weeks ago I was lvl 111, I don't have money to buy packs for skip stars... It's a shame what PopCap want to do.

They tricked us ! That's a true! Make us go back and level up... now want give easily for all players?

THEY HAVE A PLENTY OF THING TO WORRY ABOUT, SERIOUS THING.. LIKE THE UNABALANCED GAME, BUGS ETC E THEN THEY WANT TO DO THIS SHI***

I'M PISSED OFF, REALLY

Message 10 of 15 (579 Views)