Re: Unfair hero division between fractions

by felker_s

Original Post

Unfair hero division between fractions

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

With the cross-era nonsense, hero costs are kind of like this: "this character is alive at this time, so 6,000 BP, this character isn't, so 8,000 BP". Now this means huge differences between the light and dark side, consider Jakku: the Resistance has Rey, Finn, Luke, Leia, Han (maybe even Chewie?) for 6,000 battle points, so almost all of the light side heroes... While the First Order has two, Kylo and Phasma (again, not sure about Bossk).

This is present in Starfighter Assault, too. Consider a New Trilogy era fight again: the Resistance not only has two more ships to choose from, both of them are from the era, so cost less, Rey's Falcon, Poe's X-wing, and Tallie's A-wing for 2,000, while the FO has the Silencer.

To be honest, I don't understand this penalty for cross-era. People will use cross-era characters anyway, because you didn't give us any other choice, I'd be the happiest person if it would slowly be removed with the new dlc heroes and ships replacing these characters in their corresponding eras. But while this is not the case, having this cost penalty is not only pointless, but also makes the matches a bit unbalanced.

Message 1 of 6 (853 Views)

★ Novice

I tottaly agree

Message 2 of 6 (794 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Again, I'd like to point out an old topic of mine.

Playing on Jakku or Starkiller, especially in earlier phases with slightly slower BP income is still extremely unbalanced regarding hero costs.

If the two teams - regarding player skill - are more or less balanced, this does make a huge difference.

Chances are that players will just pick Kylo or Phasma when they finally hit 6,000 BP, disregarding if they can actually play them (only because they are cheaper), then die instantly. This breaks not only their game, but everyone else's too on the team.

Message 3 of 6 (708 Views)

★★★ Pro

Lol, can we just get rid of this? You even messed up the 2x multiplier, so it's even less likely to reach 8k in the early phases.

This system did not even make sense in the first place.

Message 4 of 6 (637 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@felker_s

Even though this is not bothering me about the heroes, rather the fact that somebody just “sits on” the hero/villain and does absolutely nothing to push the game forward in GA, I have to agree, the system is truly pointless, or “point-unfair”! and ruins the balancing of the game in a way.

I hope the new update will bring the cooperation over intra-team competition into action. The squad system hopefully will be like that.

Message 5 of 6 (611 Views)

★★★ Pro

Funnily, what bothers me about this the most is the inconsistency of EA's standpoint on breaking lore.

I'm really against the cross-era heroes, but they and everyone else seems to be okay with it. Then with the lootbox backlash, when people said that microtransactions should only be about cosmetics, they said that would be lore-breaking (lol). They also make us pay more BP for cross-era heroes.

So what gives? Why are we, players, getting punished for their incompetence in making enough heroes for each corresponding era?

Message 6 of 6 (596 Views)