Re: Unable to make app purchases?

by Bio-Xima

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to make app purchases?

★★★★ Novice

I tried buying a pack in-game and it said that I’m not authorized to make in-app purchases. Is that an iOS thing?

Message 1 of 13 (811 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Apologies for the delay in responding @Mai7Viac.

iOS purchases aren't currently enabled for players in the US. Only those in Soft Launch countries (Brazil, Canada, Australia and New Zealand) can make purchases on iOS devices. After the game is globally launched on Dec. 4th, you should be able to purchase in-game items.

View in thread

Message 11 of 13 (893 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

You should be excited that you cant make in app purchases. We should all stop spending extra money on EA games. No matter the platform. Its beyond time we put an end to deceptive practices such as microtransactions and pay DLC. Im waiting on my state AG to respond to a complaint I sent to their office. I anticipate hearing from the BBB sometime next week.

Message 2 of 13 (788 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Abusive microtransactions yea ... but please dont spread it to all paid DLCs. Lots of them are worth it and bring a lot more content to our games and some of them the devs even had to work on new stuff and systems.

But i agree these microtransactions on C&C Rivals are abusive. Its a mobile game after all ... i dont remember another mobile game with 30 dollars or more price tag on their microtransactions.

Message 3 of 13 (777 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Maybe I don’t mind making in game purchases because I enjoy supporting game developers. There’s a pretty simple way to look at it: don’t want to pay, don’t play. Your argument is the equivalent of a vegan complaining about the menu at a BBQ restaurant. 

I do ask this as a legitimate question and would prefer legitimate answers. This is not a post about whether or not Games should or shouldn’t use micro transactions. 

Message 4 of 13 (768 Views)

Hi @Mai7Viac,

Apologies for the late reply. Were you ever able to get the error resolved?

Message 5 of 13 (725 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_dance210 wrote:

Hi @Mai7Viac,

Apologies for the late reply. Were you ever able to get the error resolved?

No, I'm still getting the same message

Message 6 of 13 (717 Views)

What phone/operating system do you use? Also, what is your PersonaID, it is located in Settings - About?

Have you tried making purchases before this, and if so did it work? Thanks!

Message 7 of 13 (709 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_dance210 wrote:

What phone/operating system do you use? Also, what is your PersonaID, it is located in Settings - About?

Have you tried making purchases before this, and if so did it work? Thanks!

iphone 6. iOS 12.0.1

No it hasn't worked, I've had this message since I started playing. I've done everything I can think of on my end, in-app purchases are enabled. 

Message 8 of 13 (707 Views)

Last question (hopefully)! Where are you located?

Message 9 of 13 (700 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Austin, TX

Message 10 of 13 (698 Views)