Re: Um, How do I post on The Sims Forums?

by AUBLESSIMS

Original Post

Hero

You can always open a thread here if you need help with an issue. :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 69 (2,580 Views)

★ Guide

There is a Thread where New Members can ask questions on the Sims forum. Look under general mostly near the top

The member system has been introduced to help curb the trolling epidemic we faced. Everyone joining this Forum for the first time start out with 0 Points, it does not matter how long you have been on the Sims forums, you can increase your points to become a Member. Points are seen in the profile, in a grey box on the left side.

You need 50 Points30 Posts and have an account older than 24 hours to become a Member.

You can earn points by:
1. Earning badges - here are all the badges you can currently earn http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/badges
2. When someone LIKES or Awesomes your post you get
- 1 Point for Like

Being a new member has certain disadvantages. 
1. New members can't post images.
2. New members can't quote normally, they get arrows instead of the box.
3. New members cannot post links.
4. New members can not add signatures.
5. New members can not compose messages, they can, however, reply to them.
6. New members can not have a profile picture.

Message 22 of 69 (2,561 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah, that's unfortunate. I'm not really a social person so I don't post all that much. I mainly read the forums for bug fixes. Not being able to make my own post or even change my own profile picture honestly makes me NOT want to engage in the forums ironically. And I understand that this was done to keep trolls away but surely there has to be another way?

Message 23 of 69 (2,501 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

exactly

Message 24 of 69 (2,469 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thats actually the stupidest thing ever.

Message 25 of 69 (2,434 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@virginxpure

The requirements for becoming a full member have been decreased now! Standard smile

And if you do not like it, you're free to post in the forums here whenever you like! 

To my knowledge, they had serious problems with bots/spammers bloating the forum, and the moderators could not keep up, so they had to do this. Too bad though Raised eyebrow

Message 26 of 69 (2,426 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am a new member and wonder, ballpark, what the amount of posts are?

Message 27 of 69 (2,353 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Cassie000143

Please do not post in threads not related to your question.

At the bottom of the page you can see the number of pages. Count the number of postings on the page. The rest is simple arithmetic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 28 of 69 (2,342 Views)

Hero
Hi @Cassie000143

Assuming that you mean the num of posts you need till you can make your own thread, here's all the info you need: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know/p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 69 (2,332 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thank you!
Message 30 of 69 (2,330 Views)