UFC 4 Career Mode Discussion

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

UFC 4 Career Mode Discussion

Community Manager

What's up, fighters!

Below you'll find information on Career mode from UFC 4's official site.

What did you think of the trailer and new features for Career mode? Let's discuss.

Coach Davis
Coach Davis is our new interactive coach character that will guide you on your journey to the top of the UFC.idx31cyxj0wz.png

Fighter Evolution
Your fighter will grow and improve based on the decisions you make in the gym and in the Octagon. Depending on your tendencies in training and in fights, your fighter will begin to become more proficient in the attack styles you use more often. So if you want to be a great striker, throw more combos — and if you want to be a great wrestler, take it to the mat!.
gfin5duynkn5.png

Relationship System
Interact with fans, fighters and promoters to shape your reputation and career. Call out opponents on social media, pick up some moves from sparring partners and shape your story. Will you be a hero or a villain?
v5p8rfkl0nuv.png

Learn From The Best
If you want to fight like a UFC champion, you've got to train with UFC champions. Invite other fighters to your camp and you'll pick up on their habits, styles and techniques. Want to become a better grappler? Bring Khabib to camp. Want to throw heavy hands? Spar with Masvidal. Just like in a real fighter's career, your training partners will rub off on you and influence your style.
tnqk7u7y4od1.png

Pick Your Path
Will you fight in the amateur circuit, build your name in the World Fighting Alliance, or get your shot in the spotlight on The Contender series? The choice is yours — and each decision affects your ascent to the top.
2c39c2hh5oqy.png

Blueberry.png
Message 1 of 47 (23,902 Views)

Re: UFC 4 Career Mode Discussion

★★★★★ Apprentice

Once again, from a technical standpoint, the trailer is well made.

The new features seem all VERY promising. It's a real shame, that the whole beta situation has ruined so much, because this Career mode looks like it could be one of the best Career modes in sports game history (of course, since it's a marketing trailer, I can't tell how much is just overexaggerated or left out).

The addition of Coach Davis is a great idea, especially with him being animated and having a voice, and not just being a text message guy. The choices how you respond, and the possibility to get on another fighter's good or bad side, are also exciting.
It will be probably pretty cool, to spar with and learn from your favourite UFC fighters.

There's a potentially high replayability value, with not only having three different starting points, but also having different paths within the career itself. But since the backyard location was added to the game, why not have that as a fourth starting option? Especially with Masvidal's background.

Overall, again, the trailer makes Career mode look like there was a lot of thought put into it, and that people will enjoy it very much. Sadly, it's just not enough to let me forget all the bad things, so I will still wait until this game is on sale.

Message 2 of 47 (23,820 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry
Still no doctor stoppages ?
Message 3 of 47 (23,794 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry Its looks way better than before. I would like to be able to play my career online and be able to train with online friends, etc. It would be very exciting. Btw, I would love to try the new career mode, before release in order for me to be able to give you better feedback
Message 4 of 47 (23,766 Views)

Community Manager

Glad to hear you're looking forward to it, @Infernopommes

Check out the career mode play-though video here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/UFC-4-Career-Mode-Play-Through-by-EA-Game-Changer-Bayliun...

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 47 (23,746 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry This is some of my takes regarding the recent “game changers” videos

Just wondering if more created fighters could be added into the career mode universe and for them to be able to win championships/get ranked because one of the, if not the biggest reason career mode gets stale is when I have to fight a 60 year old Conor or 80 year old Cormier for the 10th time. I think a solution for this issue would be to add highly skilled CAFS or even CAFS made by us the players.

Im no game dev but Im pretty sure this feature could be added into the game.

Message 6 of 47 (23,642 Views)

★ Guide

One thing that I've noticed in career mode is that a lot of times you fight lower ranked guys in title defenses. When defending the title, you should realistically only defend against top 5 guys, unless maybe there's a late notice pullout.

Another thing that I would like to see is the game keep you updated more about your division. I know it tells you when there is a new champion, and that's cool, but I think they could take this further. Make it so that I can follow the UFC in between fights. It's cool to see the rankings, but I would like to be able to see how things got the way that they are; Show us the matchups. We should be able to follow other fighters in our division, sort of like Izzy's recent tweets on Till and Brunson. It would also give us more immersion as to why we are fighting who we are. It should show me if they are on a win streak and who they have beaten.

Lastly, and least importantly, why is Coach Davis always wearing the same clothes. Even when he is in the octagon he has the same outfit, and not the walkout jersey. I know we can make it so that our fighter can only wear UFC gear, but it looks weird if our coach just wears whatever. This one doesn't bother me that much, but I figured I'd still point it out.

Message 7 of 47 (23,602 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry How do we change divisions like in UFC 2?
Message 8 of 47 (23,458 Views)

Career Mode Advance Settings - Max Moveset option

★ Guide

Why is there not an option to give yourself 5 star everything in advanced settings?

Message 9 of 47 (23,024 Views)

Money is useless in career mode

★ Guide

Seriously none of the invite a fighter options are worth the waste of stamina plus the moves they teach aren't that interesting. It'd be better if you could do something like invite Mcgregor to teach you a 5 star straight or Khabib for a 5 star takedown. 

Message 10 of 47 (23,033 Views)