Re: UFC 4 Career Mode Discussion

by Marginal0

Original Post

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry
That you can't choose if you wan't to move down without losing is just a sad idea.
Message 31 of 47 (3,541 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry Can we get more female body and face-types?
Message 32 of 47 (3,366 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Still some glaring issues in career (see the bug reports) but I am enjoying it so far. At least you don't get to auto-quit your career after going 8-2 in the UFC in the previous installment, which was beyond ridiculous.

It bothers me the coloured UFC shorts aren't a part of the selection. 

For my male CaF's I was able to make come reasonably distinct-looking ones, partly due to the clothing options. But in my women's FlyW career I encounter CaF opponents that all look the same. There should be more facial variations or different hairs being used (but please not the unicorn hair). Without variety career gets pretty stale. 

It's fine but could be so much more immersive with some small tweaks.

Message 33 of 47 (3,312 Views)

★ Guide

Can there be an Advanced Settings option to learn all moves & max out upgrade points and move evolution points?

I know most of the patches have been making UFC 4 more like UFC 3 but can you also bring back Judges Score cards even if we get a finish?

I'd also like a hud menu for the clinch system so I know what I'm doing, like in UFC 3. 

Or can you just do me a solid and patch in the striking system of UFC 4 into UFC 3? It's nice how hooks & uppercuts always land in UFC 4. Also the character models are better in UFC 4, so if you could patch that into UFC 3, that would be nice too. 

Message 34 of 47 (3,233 Views)

★★★★ Guide
As I level up in the game it suddenly strikes me, why in the world have you used so much time on making meaningless clothing etc., instead of making a great game/carrer mode???

Please answer this.
Message 35 of 47 (3,139 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

There's other people working on those aspects. But a valid question indeed: why aren't they taking themselves and the sport seriously? This ain't the Tekken universe... The clown in charge of the art department should work for those games.

Maybe I'm wrong and there's hundreds of people online sporting unicorn gear and animated shorts. But I assume most people want realistic options.

Message 36 of 47 (3,089 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry I LOVE THEES GAME
Message 37 of 47 (2,991 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry Let us go for 3 belts in the career.
Message 38 of 47 (2,707 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Are there any plans on rolling out a patch for sparring on Legendary difficulty? I mean probably not after all this time, but one can dream ...

Whoever designed that, doesn't seem to know what sparring is. The AI straight up tries to murder you. About two thirds of the Boxing/Muay Thai sparring sessions I have leave me with at least one injury. When I get knocked down, they go in for the kill.

In the Wrestling/BJJ sparring sessions, the AI is not much friendlier, and I rarely get the objective done in those.

Other than that, I have fairly little issues with Career Mode so far (a few hours in). Of course it's not what the trailer promised (which I speculated on in my first post here), but I'm positively surprised after all the backlash. But still, the sparring is a huge downer.

Message 39 of 47 (1,774 Views)

Community Manager

@Infernopommes 

There are unfortunately no further updates coming to career mode. The team has shifted their efforts on the future of the UFC franchise. 

Blueberry.png
Message 40 of 47 (1,761 Views)