Re: Trip wire bomb kills

by tat2jon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Trip wire bomb kills

★★★★ Novice
To unlock one of the new weapons you have get 15 trip wire kills, I have 1. After playing all day to day I have only been able to get 1 kill which was very lucky. I have watched countless YouTube videos and google the best ways to do it but it seems my own team all ways seems the f**k it up. Any tips please to do it easily!
Thanks
Message 1 of 12 (2,254 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Apprentice

There isn't really a super easy way to get the kills, it just takes time and patience.

Sneak up behind enemies (camping snipers are good for this) and plant one behind them. Shoot them with your pistol and when they turn around they trigger the bomb.

Plant them in choke points or areas that you know will be contested throughout the match. I've gotten a few good double kills this way. The hardest part isn't really about enemies running into the tripwires but making sure that they are softened up enough beforehand so that the bomb actually kills them.

Think about spots that you would use to take cover! Plant bombs there and when an enemy is getting shot up and dives for cover he'll run into your bomb.

Or, if you can at least get 1-2 lucky kill(s) a day then that'll only take about two weeks. Just plant them all over and enjoy the game! Don't worry about the assignment too much!

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (3,190 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

There isn't really a super easy way to get the kills, it just takes time and patience.

Sneak up behind enemies (camping snipers are good for this) and plant one behind them. Shoot them with your pistol and when they turn around they trigger the bomb.

Plant them in choke points or areas that you know will be contested throughout the match. I've gotten a few good double kills this way. The hardest part isn't really about enemies running into the tripwires but making sure that they are softened up enough beforehand so that the bomb actually kills them.

Think about spots that you would use to take cover! Plant bombs there and when an enemy is getting shot up and dives for cover he'll run into your bomb.

Or, if you can at least get 1-2 lucky kill(s) a day then that'll only take about two weeks. Just plant them all over and enjoy the game! Don't worry about the assignment too much!

Message 2 of 12 (3,191 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro

door ways and corners are good places,dont be in a rush to redeploy when you respawn and get into the fight (aggressive snipering)... try to resupply and redeploy as many as you can,

players are wise to trip wires but you can catch them out,good luck

Message 3 of 12 (2,213 Views)

Betreff: Trip wire bomb kills

★★★★★ Apprentice

Atm I have 11/30 and I do this use on sneaky positions + gas granades. 

I tripmine my position and if I hear enemy I throw the granade in front of the tripmine . Look for one way positions!

The Tripmine HE has 70 XP damage.

Many lucky kills  Wink

▪Helpful Answer? 》Grant XP!✔
▪Problem Solved? 》Accept it as Solution!✔

Message 4 of 12 (2,212 Views)

★★★ Guide

Three ways to go about it in my experience, the first is to bait people into the tripwire by shooting them once and running into a choke point where you can place it down, the blast should kill them. Second is to throw smokes over the tripwire when enemies are near and shoot them, hopefully the tripwire will finish them off as it's harder to notice when smoked out - buildings like the St. Quentin ones are great for this. The third is similar but with gas, it'll do damage so sometimes you don't even need to shoot them.

Operations / Dom or TDM are better for this kind of thing in my experience though ultimately it doesn't matter too much.

Message 5 of 12 (2,187 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

In bf4 I got many kills in a round with claymores. In bf1 just some kill assists with tripwire.

Message 6 of 12 (2,137 Views)

Hero (Retired)

There´s a nice video by Westie showing us how to do this assignment: Thumbs up

Message 7 of 12 (2,121 Views)

Champion

This is super easy to get. Do this:

1. Play on a hardcore server.

2. a. Place an HE tripwire mine next to a mine (friendly / enemy's), closer to the enemy than the mine. 

OR

2. b. Place an HE tripwire mine next to another tripwire (friendly / enemy's), closer to the enemy than the other tripwire.

I've gotten HE tripwire penta-kills this way when a full heavy tank ran over my tripwire among mines.

Good luck!

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 8 of 12 (2,058 Views)

★ Apprentice

I can do it in one day. The best maps are Argonne Forest, Ballroom Blitz and (last option) Suez.

Message 9 of 12 (2,044 Views)

EA Community Manager

For everyone being frustrated by this task and only "almost" killing people, the upcoming CTE notes might look relieving.

Short quote: 

• Increased Tripwire - HE blast damage from 80 to 85, enough to score an Assist Counts As Kill against an enemy with the Flak specialization.

As usual, this doesn't necessarily mean it's coming to the retail client, but there's hope!

Message 10 of 12 (1,937 Views)