Tried to give kitten up for adoption, game won't let me save

by Smellincoffee

Original Post

Tried to give kitten up for adoption, game won't let me save

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hi!   So....my sim's cat got pregnant with triplets, and I gave them all up for adoption. Something happened with the third one, because the social worker never came and the kitten's grown up to a full cat now. I can't go to to the menu to try to give it up again ("An Adoption Event is Already In Progress!") , I can't travel from the lot, annnnnd I can't save. Right now I'm alt-tabbed out of the game. Is there a way to fix this without closing the game and closing my progress?  I tried "resetsim" on the to-be-given-away cat and nothing happened. 

Oh, and specs and such:

The Sims 4 + all expansions

Windows 10, version 1803

Message 1 of 4 (417 Views)

Re: Tried to give kitten up for adoption, game won't let me save

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Smellincoffee Your issue does sound very irritating. Sorry for the frustration. Since the game says the adoption is in progress and you are seeing the one kitten remaining (and even aging) and it sounds like your game is behaving oddly, I would assume it's a glitch. Do you have any mods or cc? Many were broken by the big patch right before Get Famous. I would suggest that you first repair the game, then if the issue remains you can remove and check mods and cc if you have them. If you need directions for repairing the game or removing and testing the mods/cc let me know and I can add them to this thread. Let me know if this fixes it or if you still need help. 

Also... I love your username. As I tell people... my favorite food is coffee. Enough said. Standard smile

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 4 (374 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you for your response!  

The only mod I had was a tuning thing that allowed all sims to livestream, regardless of whether they were in the Gaming career. If I have this problem again, I'll remove it. As it is, when I couldn't find any cheats or debug codes for resetting the lot, I decided to quit without saving.   Next time, I'll save the game before trying the adoption thing.  When I loaded the save up again, I immediately put the cat that kept having kittens (there were seven cats in that house at one point) up for adoption, and there were no problems. Maybe doing adoptions back to back caused a snag..

Message 3 of 4 (362 Views)

Champion

@Smellincoffee I'm glad that worked for you and that your game is working well now! Have fun! Standard smile 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 4 (355 Views)