Trick for good HUT goalies (and why we need custom EASHL teammates/strats)

by TTZ_Dipsy

Original Post

Trick for good HUT goalies (and why we need custom EASHL teammates/strats)

[ Edited ]

I get it - your system is absolutely perfect and deking out goalies will stay the same forever, but I figured I would let the part of the community that plays HUT (that doesn't already know this) know it doesn't matter if your goalie is a 99 OVR if his aggression stat is high. Yup, something as simple as aggression is affecting how your goalie gets juked like crazy over a simple left-right-left deke (obviously that's a bit of an exaggeration but I would definitely choose a timid 80 goalie over a 90 with maxed out aggro).

They'll still let in total bo ner goals like everyone else, but you should notice them making way more saves when their aggression stat is fairly low; of course these goalies usually aren't super high rated but it honestly doesn't matter if you're willing to pay for them (people have figured this out pretty early and now these guys are expensive for their stats).

This is also why we need to be able to customize our AI teammates in EASHL; get that creativity flowing again. Goalies getting absolutely and embarrassingly demolished by the simplest of dekes hurts me to my core and being able to fix their aggression or other personality types would make a world of difference (let alone all the passing backwards at the blue line, letting attackers just skate by, getting undressed by other dekes etc. etc).

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 1 of 1 (280 Views)