Re: Transfer ban

by tubbodie

Original Post

Transfer ban

★★★★ Novice

Hi guys, sorry if this is the wrong area to post this or if this has been posted many times before.

I was banned from the transfer market on 21 way back in november. I would like to pre order Fifa 22 but can anyone confirm whether this transfer ban will carry over? 

I wasnt proper banned, just from buying and selling players/consumables. 

I have spoken with online chat and they said categorically it does NOT carry over to the next installment, but he couldn't answer me on whether I would have access to the transfer market on the companion and web app?

I realised he has answered my question but it was quite a difficult conversation as their English wasnt the best. 

I need de facto confirmation before I do pre order as i don't want to waste money if i can't play the game properly. (Although i have taken a screenshot of said conversation where he says it does NOT carry over, so would obviously seek a refund should this not be the case).

Thank you on advance for any help. 

Message 1 of 7 (859 Views)

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team @tubbodie.

Historically transfer bans do not cross over to the next FIFA but this is not guaranteed. We will have more info closer to launch as to what will happen.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (834 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply Dark, this is what I tried initially, no option to chat so I sent an email.l they replied within a few days having not read a word I'd written.

I had an automated response stating my transfer ban would not be reversed, do not ask again and this matter is closed.

Like I sad, not even what I asked.

So what would you suggest after knowing that? 

Message 3 of 7 (831 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @tubbodie as I said above, historically they do not transfer over but this is not guaranteed.

We will have more info close to launch. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 7 (829 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks again, but where/how would I find this info at that time?

The people I should be contacting to ask did not even read what I'd written, so no guarantees they will next time.

For the best bonuses preorders are meant to be before August 11th aren't they? 

That leaves me with a bit of a predicament as to whether to place the order or not. The only place I can find the ultimate edition is digitally, I've then spent £90 for a product that I many not be able to use fully. 

What would the likelihood of a redund be should I go ahead with it given I have in writing in my cases/screenshots I've taken that the ban would NOT carry over, in the event it did? 

Message 5 of 7 (820 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @tubbodie the best thing to do is to speak with our live support team closer to launch as they would have more info.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 7 (811 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I did that already and he categorically stated it would NOT carry over, which I have evidence of. So I guess I just take that as gospel now? What he didn't/couldn't clarify was access on the web and companion apps. 

Should it not be true then I can seek a refund. 

Perhaps I should just buy physical and forget the bonuses that come with the digital edition. At the very least physical copies are much easier to claim a redund for in the event I need to.

Thanks anyway.

Message 7 of 7 (798 Views)