Re: To all gamers: STOP ASKING FOR PAID DLC CONTENT!!!

by 86-Blobfish

Original Post

To all gamers: STOP ASKING FOR PAID DLC CONTENT!!!

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hello!

[Removed unkind comment - CM]

I've seen dozens of players from almost all types of games that request some kind of this: " please release dlc with extra maps and I will pay xx$" or "please release dlc with extra gun power and I will pay xx$" or even silly requests as "make extra lobby space for players and I will pay xx$".

Are you guys out of your minds? Ok I understand that game development requires millions of $ but if that specific game title does not come back with at least x4...x10 profit today we wouldn't play almost any game at all.
I'm not asking for free games, I'm asking for free game dlc of any kind!
A few years ago you may feel ok to spend 10$ for an consistent 10-15% or even 25% game extra DLC but today this procedure from game developers started to hunt your wallet making you spend 15-20$ for less than 10% in extra game content... this is bad isn't it?
You may think "this is world trend"... well... you are wrong. THIS IS WHAT GAME DEVELOPERS ARE TARGETING: TO MAKE PLAYERS GET USE TO PAY MORE FOR LESS. And they did it.
Spending extra money for game content is not comparable to spending money on extra stuff you buy for your car or your house. Because it has NO REAL VALUE.

ANY KIND OF PAID DLC (SKILL OR VISUAL CONTENT) HAS AN IMPACT ON GAME EXPERIENCE AND MAKES THE COMPETITION UNEQUAL BETWEEN PLAYERS!

I hope some EA member will come and say something that is eligible and defends their predatory tactics in an understandable and decent way.

To all players: have a nice gameplay!

Message 1 of 19 (1,227 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Paid DLC or Ramdom Box...NOOOOOO!!!

How Terrible! These day's games All going bad...

Message 2 of 19 (1,213 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I thought you wrote. thanks @ssshex

Message 3 of 19 (1,208 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
Thank you too. Try to spread the word. (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube... etc.)
Message 4 of 19 (1,206 Views)

SSS_HEX wrote::

"if you are old to gaming entertainment you know what I mean "

I am old, when I started gaming back in the Amiga days I still had hair and hope,but that has almost all  gone just like all  the good fun games have..[Although forza horizon 3 is an exception to that]

They used to make a game and release it complete, now they make the game and just before release they remove the bits that they know the fans will pay for as a dlc later on.Effectively you pay twice for the dlc content, plus the games company give no new content away.

Humans are cheats, they will pay to win on the sneak just so they can feel good, some will even cheat on their friends. Dlc car packs with fast cars for racing games are often advertised with the text "win against your friends".....You are suposed to get your friend to also buy the racing game so you can play each other online, you dont tell them about the fast car dlc so you can beat them in a race and feel good....That's not what friendship is about, the companies are exploiting the humans weaknessess to make money.

"win against your friends" really means, cheat your friends.

Message 5 of 19 (1,186 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

These games used to be called "AAA games" i call them "pAy-pAy-pAy games"

I also remeber when you used to go to a store and buy a FULL game, now you have to buy it in parts, is almost a virtual lego in where yo have to buy EACH piece separatelly.

It really hurts me see that, companies that used to make good games in the past are only thinking in money nowadays. And hurt even more know that these companies still have power and credibility to control the market

Message 6 of 19 (1,157 Views)

★ Guide
Agree. I have no problem with extra updates. I have a problem when we need to pay for it. But there is an solution: don't buy the game or try to prevent other players from buying it. It takes time for players to understand but I'm sure the "Battlefront 2" situation will repeat for other game titles and game developers/publishers too.
Message 7 of 19 (1,135 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The only reason why this game shouldn't have any paid dlc is coz it has microtransactions. That is their extra payment that they need for extra development. They can't have both microtransactions and paid dlc at the same time.

Message 8 of 19 (1,080 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@CN21Gaming

Of course they can have both do you think adding 20 cars + new areas and all the stuff that it`s necessary to develop/implement to the game is for free?

They have to pay each employee. But since people are complaining and blame EA for the worst company you want everything for free.

The main game + speedcross for some of us this dlc wasn`t free at least for me it wasn`t.

Anyway if I like a dlc and it cost money I`ll pay for that because I can! When they decide to give us free content you can`t complain because the free dlc

has only a handful stuff included while paid dlc have more content.

Message 9 of 19 (1,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

[Removed offensive comment - CM]

Message 10 of 19 (1,012 Views)