Re: To EA Staff from a fan. Lets bridge this communication gap.

by EA_Darko

Original Post

To EA Staff from a fan. Lets bridge this communication gap.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I would like to know why us player career and pro clubs fans questions/suggestion go unanswered. This is the Answers HQ. This is the place that your company has set up for us to ask questions freely so long as its relevant to your products. So why is it that the players (including myself) who have pointed out issues with Pro Clubs and Player career do not get your acknowledgement? 

Can you get the dev team to give us a response about their plans for player career and pro clubs and allow us to build a collaborative communications between us and the Development team by the creation of a special forum.

A more rapid and dynamic place for communication, directly with some the appropriate developers?

We need more transparency - Waiting for the Fifa 22 Deep Dives is not the way forward.

We need to be able to have conversations with the team DURING the development period.

If there is a request that cannot be achieved for good reason and the developers release statements on them then there will be so much relief, we will be assured that they are thinking about how to realistically improve these game modes and we will be part of the communication.

I believe there are game changers but that is too limited. Not everyone will be able to contact the game changers. The game changers may miss a lot of important information. And most importantly the game changers will not be able to explain things as well as the developers even if they had the answers. We are also not 100% sure they are asking the right questions.

I believe that more can be done to close the rift between the Player career/pro clubs developers and the player-base and I feel this is necessary simply because the current systems are not good enough and I find myself thinking of how much better things would be if the devs attended to our questions. We would love for the devs to just talk to us.

You have likely received a lot of criticism for being unable to answer questions (especially from me) but I genuinely am not here to just vent, I do want everything to become easier for everyone and the way forward would be to get direct answers from the developers. Many of our questions and requests are the same - they just need to continuously answer the most common ones, like in a big forum post once a week, or month whatever is reasonable to them. Lets start a proper conversation.

- Please do not delete this post, please can you convey this message to the dev team. If there are internal challenges preventing them from implementing something I want them to communicate it with us. If there is some sort of upcoming bug fix or improvement for player career and pro clubs I want them to either tell us outright or tease us with hints in a forum post. Look at what CDPR is doing with Cyberpunk, the number of questions they are answering on forums or Taleworlds with Bannerlord 2 we need that type of direct consumer to dev communication. I don't need an epic trailer. All I need is a dev team that cares and is attentive to good valid questions and answers them as honestly as they can

So long as the reasoning is sound - and progress is much more clear, I will be very very happy and a lot of other people will be to.

This is how we can grow together and the team wont seem like these incognito, unreachable nobles who are doing something but nobody knows what exactly nor do we know where their priorities lie. Why keep things this way, Are the developers not frustrated by the poor feedback/reception from the pro clubs and player career community - do they want to have a dialogue with the reasonable people so that we can find a mutually beneficial way forward? I'm sure they do. So lets work to get it started.

Please, respond to this post at least - I need an answer on this one.

Message 1 of 5 (1,006 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with the community @Ascendian.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (946 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Darko

I appreciate your acknowledgement and hope this issue can be worked out, one way or another. Standard smile
Message 3 of 5 (930 Views)

Community Manager

Happy to be of help @Ascendian.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 5 (927 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

As I anticipated, the lack of agency and care from your employers has resulted in the current fiasco with regards cross play. This is the exact scenario I was hoping would be avoided if EA took a more attuned and engaged stance towards the community. The FIFATRACKER does not address the communication issues, as its still purely a means of one sided communication (EA tells us *some* what they are doing, irrespective of what fans want them to do) and the dev team remain as obscure agents who's decisions are felt but whom the community rarely if ever gets to engage with directly.

Well... they cant say we didn't try as a community to do it the amicable way, now there's not much option but to unite and make as much noise as possible. EA forced our hands. Hopefully the current fiasco will get them to recognise how damaging their current systems are.

They had over a year to explain the "technical difficulties" that are apparently a barrier to Pro Clubs having cross-play and how they aim to overcome them. Instead, they remained silent until the trailer came out and so now they HAD to clarify it wouldn't be in pro clubs to prevent false advertising.

Imagine if what I suggested was being done all this time, none of this would have happened.

Lets see what comes of this mess...

Message 5 of 5 (641 Views)