Re: Time zone change

by bobgranata89

Original Post

Community Manager

Hey @bobgranata89, as @EA_Andy has already said, there isn't a way you can go in-game and change the time that your cantina energy refreshed. 

Darko.png
Message 11 of 20 (1,409 Views)

★★★ Novice

I know but is there anything that EA can do to help me? 

Message 12 of 20 (1,404 Views)

Community Manager

@bobgranata89 Unfortunately we cannot change the time zone. I will pass the feedback on to the developers but for now, there is nothing we can do in relation to this topic.

Darko.png
Message 13 of 20 (1,399 Views)

★★★ Novice

thanks a lot for your feedback and for passing the issue to the developer. The annoying thing is not the energy, but the arena ranking and rewarding, The refresh time is now at 1am for team arena and 2am for the ships arena. So frustrating because I can't keep a good ranking Frown I don't think I will keep on playing for so long if they can't help me... this is representing a big disadvantage for me towards other players.

Message 14 of 20 (1,383 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Personally, I'd like this feature just so that I can adjust my play time around real life.  I have an hour commute from 5-6pm, which is right in the middle of my Arena push.  6-7pm is dinner with the family, right in the middle of my ships arena push.  What is the logic behind forcing us to play at precisely this time of day?

Please allow players to freely choose their time zone, and adjust game play to their lifestyle.

Message 15 of 20 (1,274 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Totally agree [Do not attempt to bypass the swear filter - CM] 

Message 16 of 20 (1,237 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This is a huge problem and will only continue getting worse. I have moved twice since starting to play this game and with the trend toward needing to spend more crystals to stay at a decent level, the time zone issue is ridiculous. When I first started playing, the game would automatically adjust it's time to reflect the time zone you were in. I know this for a fact because I was traveling between various cities in Asia a lot and it would always change based on whether I was in Thailand, China, etc. Then EA did something to the game to make it fixed no matter what time zone you are in. I moved to the US and would often miss at least one free energy refresh a day, as well as not being able to rank very high in arena, then ships arena when it came out because I have a life and don't stay up till 4am to play games. I'm moving again, and am thinking of stopping playing because of this issue!

EA: PEOPLE HAVE LIVES! PEOPLE MOVE! PEOPLE TRAVEL! This is extremely frustrating, even more so because it is a blatant lie that it is not possible to change the time zones. People who started playing the game later don't know that it used to be possible and the EA stopped allowing it.

I know people who just stopped playing the game instead of writing about this issue and saying something. I'm hoping people will start speaking up so that EA will realize the need to fix this. Your life should not revolve around a game. The game should fit into your life and be fun. When it doesn't, then it's time to go and find something that will.

Message 17 of 20 (1,079 Views)

Community Manager

@EvaDestruktion As previously stated, unfortunately, we cannot change the time zone. I will pass the feedback on to the developers but for now, there is nothing we can do in relation to this topic.

Darko.png
Message 18 of 20 (1,059 Views)

★★★ Novice

This thing is totally unfair and I am so tired to lose 100-200 crystals every day. I guess your problem is that if people can switch the payout time they can earn more crystals. If so, why you don't simply give the possibility to switch only once every month paying a fair amount of crystals (something like 200, 300 or even 500 should be fine I think, not worth to change if you don't have a real problem). 

Message 19 of 20 (835 Views)

Community Manager

I'm locking this thread as there is no way that time zones can be changed.

I will pass the feedback onto the team.

Darko.png
Message 20 of 20 (743 Views)