Re: Time to build units?

by NBRAD333

Original Post

Time to build units?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I dont know if it is from the new update or because im at a higher level but recently the time it takes before you can build new units gets very slow the longer the game goes on.

I can see that the colour is changing to red (slowest) but I would like to know why? Is there a way to prevent it from happening? And honestly I cant see a reason it is there tbh...you wait for ages to get enough tiberium to build the best units only for the game to stop you from building them!

Can someone give me an answer?

Message 1 of 4 (858 Views)

★★ Apprentice
The Fuller your army is, the longer the cooldown is on building units. That is why when one of your units dies while having a full army, you are typically able to instantly replace it
Message 2 of 4 (845 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks. I figured it was something like that...but it is flawed! It doesn't seem to matter what you build the timing is the same. Basically if you are building infantry you still have to wait the same time as if you are building a tank? And once you get to the later stages of the game (at higher levels) you are just stockpiling tiberium since you cant buy anything. Having a tactic of needing to have your troops commit suicide to bring out a tactically better unit is silly. It makes countering at later stages impossible, especially with the way the nuke charges (which also really needs to be changed)

Message 3 of 4 (794 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I think their army cooldown is fine, it forces players to build a diverse army to take on multiple threats. If there was no unit limit, end-game would be nothing more than just swarming the other player with pure numbers (Imagine a endless stream of Infantry just swarming the missile tiles to hold it just long enough for it to go off) rather then strategy and games would be entirely decided by who's economy got up and going faster.

Message 4 of 4 (782 Views)