Re: Time since friends were loged in

by KatlaStorm

Original Post

Time since friends were loged in

★★★ Guide

The time since last active on your friends list isn’t always correct. There is a lag in the information on the friends list that can be several hours if not more.

Today two of my party guests appeared on my friends list as having been inactive for 2 days. First after some hours, the friends list was updated to show that the two had been active 4 hours ago. Earlier I have had guests that were noted as inactive for many more days.

This is important because? My friends list is full, and therefore I sometimes delete inactive friends from my list in order to have room for active players. Solution: before I delete a friend I think is inactive, I check again some days later. They may also be away on a trip or something 😉

Message 1 of 7 (655 Views)

Hero

I agree @KatlaStorm This is important. We should make some observations and take screenshots. I'm constantly removing those who are not active over a period of two weeks.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 7 (630 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide
@SalixCat What’s the policy on posting pictures of other people’s Sims and names? I’m a newbie here.
Message 3 of 7 (627 Views)

Hero

@KatlaStorm I mask players names and use Player 1, Player 2, etc. if I need a  screenshot. Maybe someone doesn't like it if I post pictures with their IGN. Screenshots in this case are more for you to keep as reference. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 4 of 7 (591 Views)

★★ Guide

I once deleted one of my active friend because of that too. I only saw when the last time they active and just delete them. Luckily, two days later they added me back as friend. After that, I'm more careful before deleting anyone. This is what I usually check before deleting. 

1. How long they have been inactive? Like @SalixCat, I consider deleting someone inactive more than 2 weeks. 

2. Did they host any party for past two weeks?

3. Did they appear in my party for past two weeks? I usually host friends only party, except during live events. 

4. Did they attend any of my friends party for past two weeks? Many of them are friend of my friends, so I might see them in one of their party. But this is optional, I often missed their parties especially if several of them hosted all in one day. 

When all of them checked, I delete them. If not, I wait a week longer before deleting. It makes me more careful, but it's not a guarantee that I will not accidentally delete someone active like before. Is there any way more effective to check whether our friends are really inactive?

Btw, was that you in my friend request tab @KatlaStorm? 😁

Message 5 of 7 (576 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@doodle_lassYes, my friend, it seems we are friends now 😊😊😊
🌬🌊🐬

Thanks for your thoughts on this issue. I have been wondering how to go about these things. Since we cannot call anyone, I guess we just have to accepted the risk that we might delete a friend that is still active...

Message 6 of 7 (558 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Oh, yeay! Thanks for adding me as friend @KatlaStorm. You're the first friend I knew outside the game haha... 😂 Looking forward for your parties 🎉🎊

Sadly we cannot communicate with friends directly, since no in-game private chat. And even if there is, it might slow down the game. So yeah, until the active time issue are resolved I guess we'll have to accept that risk. 

Message 7 of 7 (537 Views)