This game really needs 2vs2 or free for all with 4 players

by MajorCruton

Original Post

Accepted Solution

This game really needs 2vs2 or free for all with 4 players

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm a developer so i understand that the game may not be able to expand into this direction, and potentially could need mayor rework (AKA i understand that this feature may not come in the future at all).

A 2vs2 mode to play with or against friends would be much appreciated,  i get that in map could be cramped if we put 2 bases as is it now, but i have a few solutions to that:

- One shared base for both players:

downside: * it might be a problem if allied players are from different factions

* population cap might be a problem too for low perfomaning cellphones, not to mention resources might be even more limited (im talking about tiberium crystals)

pros: * two players can play in the already designed maps!

- Bigger but draggable maps

downside: * it might not be implementable in the actual game

pros: * i won't have the problems from the ona shared base

i gets a bit boring 1vs1 player, i hope some dev gives some feedback/thoughts!

Message 1 of 6 (416 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: This game really needs 2vs2 or free for all with 4 players

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @MajorCruton,

2v2 battles is something that we've thought about. We're not currently focusing on that, but it is something on our radar potentially for the future Standard smile

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (332 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide
I like... I like very, VERY much. Free for all would be AWESOME. Lol
Message 2 of 6 (377 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It might be fun for the community to experiment with an open-BETA 2v2 "draggable" map, but I'm not sure it would really pan out well unless you teamed up and chose complementary units...  Because otherwise you'd always be against a smart duo of players who is GDI and NOD, and have sick units and strategies to smash their opponents.  ...i.e. a stomp would be incoming, or some dumb rush would wreck 1 player from the outset.

Message 3 of 6 (348 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Having a poor made deck can happen in 1 vs 1 too, in any case the option to go in a match with a friend o someone from your alliance should be an option.

Message 4 of 6 (343 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @MajorCruton,

2v2 battles is something that we've thought about. We're not currently focusing on that, but it is something on our radar potentially for the future Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (333 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_dance210 Hello! by any chance you have a  public dev roadmap?

Message 6 of 6 (292 Views)